MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall to JoelC707

MVM

to JoelC707

Re: Scroll of Resurrection - MMO-C speculation

said by JoelC707:

Yeah you can boost a new toon on your existing server (assuming you don't already have 10 toons there). The transfer is completely optional though, so only do it if you want. But yes, otherwise it has to be to the servers server and faction. If you want, you can get someone from your same server/faction to send it so it won't even ask you about the transfer.

Yea, the issue is that I only know a couple people on my current server. I don't know. I am still on the fence about playing again. I left because of the repetitive PvP after I maxed my honor gear out. Arena was just....meh. Do I really want to do it again and do some LFR? I will probably just get upset and leave again in 3 months.

I am weighing my options.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

there's no reason to do anything half-cocked or with a defeatist attitude. Either you want to, or you don't.
djlar
join:2009-04-23

djlar to JoelC707

to JoelC707
Very clever of Blizz.. get more suscribers, entice them with new toon and play with friends, since this is SoR they will likely have toons on other realms, those they have to PAY for the transfer and even faction change.. that's about $50 per toon

The only time I've paid to transfer toon is because the realm became a desert, you had like 100 people total online and nobody raided or did anything, back in that day there was no LFD so even getting a 5 man going was hard..

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall to Immer

MVM

to Immer
said by Immer:

there's no reason to do anything half-cocked or with a defeatist attitude. Either you want to, or you don't.

Don't get me wrong, its enticing. I am a glass half full kind of guy and I think I will stick around for a bit. My worries still stand though. I normally don't go into things with a negative attitude. I guess I am still trying to weigh if its worth the risk.

Thaler
Premium Member
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA

Thaler to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
said by Immer:

What if I want to give the best half-cocked and defeatist attitude ever?

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall

MVM

said by Nightfall:

said by Immer:

Don't get me wrong, its enticing. I am a glass half full kind of guy and I think I will stick around for a bit. My worries still stand though. I normally don't go into things with a negative attitude. I guess I am still trying to weigh if its worth the risk.

I believe a lot of my issue is that since I played the game at the start, I really enjoyed playing the game with my guild. I was not just playing the game, but doing it with friends all over the US. We had about 70-80 guild members and doing 40 man content back in the day was a blast.

When I left the game back in July of 2008, my guild was gone. I was part of a new guild but I never could find that connection with them.

After I came back in July 2010, I tried a different faction out and a couple different guilds. While I found some new friends, I just couldn't get that connection. I left last year in October.

I believe this game is all about the friends and connections you make. I will never forget all the friends I made back in Vanilla, so I am trying to figure out where the disconnect is when I try to connect with a new group of guild members. Is it me? Is it maturity? Is it that I just don't fit in anymore?

That and moving to a new server is expensive, especially if I server transfer a few characters over.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

completely understandable. Clearly the "make or break" point of any attempt to get back into the game for you will be the guild you become a part of (or don't... such as the case may be). I mean... I'd offer up a Scroll... but you keep talkin' about PVP... /shudder.

have you tried reaching out to any of your old friends to see if they are still playing?

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA

drew

Premium Member

said by Immer:

I'd offer up a Scroll...

Read: he's jealous of my mount.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

1 edit

Immer

Premium Member

said by drew:

said by Immer:

I'd offer up a Scroll...

Read: he's jealous of my mount.

w/e... drew might have a bug in his ear... literally.

Tirael
BOHICA
Premium Member
join:2009-03-18
Sacramento, CA

Tirael

Premium Member

A bug in his wut?

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by Tirael:

A bug in his wut?

hehe... some typos shouldn't be left alone. "ear".

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall to Immer

MVM

to Immer
said by Immer:

completely understandable. Clearly the "make or break" point of any attempt to get back into the game for you will be the guild you become a part of (or don't... such as the case may be). I mean... I'd offer up a Scroll... but you keep talkin' about PVP... /shudder.

have you tried reaching out to any of your old friends to see if they are still playing?

I reached out to a few of them. One is still playing on Bleeding Hollow. I really need to find a group of people I can play with and find a connection. Seems that most guilds don't have that these days.
JoelC707
Premium Member
join:2002-07-09
Lanett, AL

JoelC707

Premium Member

What are you interested in doing? My guild isn't big on PvP either but we're getting back into DS raiding. We're not on the best server though (Fizzcrank) and we're Horde side.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall

MVM

said by JoelC707:

What are you interested in doing? My guild isn't big on PvP either but we're getting back into DS raiding. We're not on the best server though (Fizzcrank) and we're Horde side.

I really want to try out the LFR system, run a few dungeons, do some guild PvP. No hardcore raiding.
JoelC707
Premium Member
join:2002-07-09
Lanett, AL

JoelC707

Premium Member

Yeah militaristic style raiding is NOT my cup of tea. We're definitely doing LFR and dungeons. We've got people in the guild that do PvP but every time we try and organize arenas or RBGs it just falls apart

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
Port Orchard, WA

drew

Premium Member

The biggest problem with PVP is the giant cliff that is the learning curve. At 7.5 years since release, you either know it or you don't. People who do are notoriously unwilling to "slum it" and play with and train those who don't. People who don't often get disenfranchised quickly and you are constantly trying to find more people to play with.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall

MVM

said by drew:

The biggest problem with PVP is the giant cliff that is the learning curve. At 7.5 years since release, you either know it or you don't. People who do are notoriously unwilling to "slum it" and play with and train those who don't. People who don't often get disenfranchised quickly and you are constantly trying to find more people to play with.

I agree. This is why its important for me to revisit what made the game fun back when I played from release until 2008. It was the people that made the game fun. The content was there, but playing with friends is what mattered. I have to find that connection if I don't want to find myself disinterested in 8-12 months.

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
Port Orchard, WA

drew

Premium Member

I believe you're already very familiar with my thoughts on this subject... I think you posted in my "Social Gaming" thread in the non-WoW gaming forum.

I am fortunate... I have that connection right now. It's the only reason I'm playing.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall

MVM

said by drew:

I believe you're already very familiar with my thoughts on this subject... I think you posted in my "Social Gaming" thread in the non-WoW gaming forum.

I am fortunate... I have that connection right now. It's the only reason I'm playing.

I am very familiar. I am just reasserting what you have said for the most part. I am probably going to return, but I am going to find a new connection with a guild and try to kickstart a new level of friendship. I can't expect to get on the groundfloor with a new guild, or expect to fit in just because I know someone. At the same time though, since I am going to return, I want this return to be for at least a year and I want to make new friends when I do.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

I can be your friend.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by Exodus:

I can be your friend....we float

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall to Exodus

MVM

to Exodus
said by Exodus:

I can be your friend.

How much?

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
Port Orchard, WA

drew

Premium Member

16 internets. No change.

Energystream
Premium Member
join:2010-04-16
Ridgewood, NY

1 edit

Energystream

Premium Member

Asked a friend to send me a scroll. I thought 15$ to get a new 85 for a class i couldn't stand leveling was worth it. Decided to get a mage. Spent some time last weekend leveling em to 83.

Felt weird playing a class in Cata dungeons that I only am just learning how to play. At least with the DK they give the starter area to learn SOMETHING about the class. Felt it's been worth it.

As a side note, jumped on hunter to go into LFR, join a 3/4 Fall of Deathwing, win Bow and Staff*.

*Polearm, or whatever it is that makes you big with the proc.
djlar

djlar

hahahah nice, my hunter's being 12-13 weeks in LFR and haven't won a POLEARM yet...

4 normal DW kills, zero drops slao.. so 16-0 there..

navymaverick
join:2011-07-21
Papillion, NE

navymaverick to Energystream

to Energystream
said by Energystream:

*Polearm, or whatever it is that makes you big with the proc.

TWSS
Threatco
join:2011-04-19
Moncton, NB

Threatco to Nightfall

to Nightfall
said by Nightfall:

said by drew:

I am very familiar. I am just reasserting what you have said for the most part. I am probably going to return, but I am going to find a new connection with a guild and try to kickstart a new level of friendship. I can't expect to get on the groundfloor with a new guild, or expect to fit in just because I know someone. At the same time though, since I am going to return, I want this return to be for at least a year and I want to make new friends when I do.

What I would do is make your own guild.

Mass invite on an active server. You can use Super Guild Invite add on. At first you won't pick up a high percentage but the people who join and stick it out become pretty close as they work towards leveling the guild and getting guild perks through guild achievements.

It may sound like not your cup of tea, but take my word for it. It won't take but 2 minutes to install the add on, then a half hour to get a guild charter signed. Start inviting and see what happens.
djlar

djlar

Our guild has 1M gold in the bank, unspent, tons of BoEs and i397 recipes (many of them repeated), just rotting there.. they turn the repairs on only on raid times and only for raider rank and only 200g each..

So each week guild spends 12Kg on repairs but makes about 50K, (raid, dungeon and BG challenges appart).

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by djlar:

Our guild has 1M gold in the bank, unspent, tons of BoEs and i397 recipes (many of them repeated), just rotting there.. they turn the repairs on only on raid times and only for raider rank and only 200g each..

So each week guild spends 12Kg on repairs but makes about 50K, (raid, dungeon and BG challenges appart).

is the GM aware of this disparity? If you don't have the guild repair achiev, maybe use that for leverage?

puppy
join:2010-01-28
San Diego, CA

puppy to drew

to drew
I'm sorry if I missed it, but do you guys know when this offer ends? I read somewhere it is only 90 days but not sure about it.