drew
Automatic
Premium
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA
kudos:6
reply to puppy

Re: Scroll of Resurrection - MMO-C speculation

The free 80 & free cata upgrade are a 90-day promotion. The rest is here to stay.
--
flickr | Of faith, power and glory

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8

so the free xfer is staying? or part of 90 day?

drew
Automatic
Premium
Port Orchard, WA

said by Immer:

so the free xfer is staying? or part of 90 day?

By the lack of them specifically mentioning otherwise, I would lean towards "yes, it's staying." However, the only information I (currently) have on the matter is this:

quote:
Note: The digital upgrade and level boost will only be available for scrolls sent during the 90-day promotion period. Players who accept a Scroll of Resurrection that was sent after the promotion period ends will still receive 7 days of FREE game time, but will not be eligible for the digital upgrade or level boost.
--

navymaverick

join:2011-07-21
Papillion, NE
kudos:3
reply to drew

I hooked a friend up with a scroll and she asked if I got the mount yet. Do we get a mount? I have ADD so I might have missed that if we do.

drew
Automatic
Premium
Port Orchard, WA

You will need to log onto your Battle.Net account page and go to your SoR section. Under history, you'll see, after your friend PAYS (not just adds a CC to the account) for a month of game time, you will have the option to redeem a mount. See earlier in the thread for screenshots of the Alliance version.
--

puppy

join:2010-01-28

I think if your friend pays using a CC, you get the mount after 7 days (the free 7 days credit) is up and the CC is charged.

navymaverick

Papillion, NE
reply to drew

Roger that. Thanks guys!

Goodmongo

join:2011-10-21
Schaumburg, IL
reply to drew

Around the middle of April would be a great time to take a ressurection and then use the 1 year deal for D3 and MOP. Think of it.

One week for free plus other stuff, then on May 15th you go play D3 for a month or two. Come July you enter the MOP beta and play that till release.

You still have about 6 months on your annual to get MOP 5.0 done. Works out better than taking the deal last October where you had to spend a big chunk of that year on Cata.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
kudos:2

Looks like mongo picked up a scroll of over-analyzation.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviews:
·ooma
·Comcast
·Callcentric
·Site5.com
reply to Threatco

said by Threatco:

said by Nightfall:

said by drew:

I believe you're already very familiar with my thoughts on this subject... I think you posted in my "Social Gaming" thread in the non-WoW gaming forum.

I am fortunate... I have that connection right now. It's the only reason I'm playing.

I am very familiar. I am just reasserting what you have said for the most part. I am probably going to return, but I am going to find a new connection with a guild and try to kickstart a new level of friendship. I can't expect to get on the groundfloor with a new guild, or expect to fit in just because I know someone. At the same time though, since I am going to return, I want this return to be for at least a year and I want to make new friends when I do.

What I would do is make your own guild.

Mass invite on an active server. You can use Super Guild Invite add on. At first you won't pick up a high percentage but the people who join and stick it out become pretty close as they work towards leveling the guild and getting guild perks through guild achievements.

It may sound like not your cup of tea, but take my word for it. It won't take but 2 minutes to install the add on, then a half hour to get a guild charter signed. Start inviting and see what happens.

This sounds interesting. I will think about this.
--
My domain - Nightfall.net

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
Premium,MVM
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviews:
·ooma
·Comcast
·Callcentric
·Site5.com
reply to Goodmongo

said by Goodmongo:

Around the middle of April would be a great time to take a ressurection and then use the 1 year deal for D3 and MOP. Think of it.

One week for free plus other stuff, then on May 15th you go play D3 for a month or two. Come July you enter the MOP beta and play that till release.

You still have about 6 months on your annual to get MOP 5.0 done. Works out better than taking the deal last October where you had to spend a big chunk of that year on Cata.

This is what I was thinking of doing. Mongo, nice job!
--

navymaverick

Papillion, NE
reply to Goodmongo

said by Goodmongo:

This is assuming all of your assumed dates are correct.

saillaw
Premium
join:2007-05-08
Dismay
kudos:2
reply to drew

I'm thinking of getting a free 80 on my EU account. Does anyone have an EU account that wants to send me a scroll of rez?

puppy

join:2010-01-28
reply to navymaverick

I just read the annual pass deal expires on May 1st, so beware of that if you are going to try this.

It does sound good though. I know I will get D3 anyways, and this deal means if I come back to WOW for 8 months then I'll break even. Anyone actually tried this to confirm the annual pass satisfied the new SoR's requirements?

Antonica
Premium
join:2002-09-02
kudos:1
reply to drew

where are some of the BBR folks who just accepted the scroll going to?

Drew where are you at?

Jobbie?

Dillinja

join:2011-10-01
UK
reply to saillaw

said by saillaw:

I'm thinking of getting a free 80 on my EU account. Does anyone have an EU account that wants to send me a scroll of rez?

I can send you one if you still need it? PM me.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Antonica

said by Antonica:

Drew where are you at?

Jobbie?

Drew and Jobbie joined us over on Nathrezim.
--
Immergruen (resto/kitty) on Nathrezim Server (US)
Guild leader for Pride and Ego

than/then | to/two/too | A lot (notice the space in there) | you/your/you're

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19

Are you guys horde or alliance?

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA

alliance

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
Premium,MVM
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviews:
·ooma
·Comcast
·Callcentric
·Site5.com
reply to Immer

said by Immer:

said by Antonica:

Drew where are you at?

Jobbie?

Drew and Jobbie joined us over on Nathrezim.

Would be nice to join a BBR group. Probably the connection I am looking for.
--

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth

The low pop server thing sucks. We're on Mal'Ganis again and we have some stuff in place to help boost people from when we retired.
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK

Thaler
Premium
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA

Hey Arch, did we ever have an officially unofficial DSLR server, or just naw?

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth

It used to be Mal'Ganis.

Thaler
Premium
Los Angeles, CA

Ally or Horde?

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Archivis

said by Archivis:

The low pop server thing sucks. We're on Mal'Ganis again and we have some stuff in place to help boost people from when we retired.

The low pop server has it's disadvantages, for sure. If you are hoping to become progression minded, you basically have to recruit from other servers, lol. The AH is where you'll feel the pinch the most. Product just doesn't move as quickly as many are used to. Of the 3 low/med pop servers I've played on, I can say that ours has the most available for purchase... but that isn't saying a lot.

Our guild is like a very nice home out in the country. Some people love it... some people find they miss traffic jams and subway stations... to each his own. Please ask around and ask the tough questions before considering moving a toon over for us.
--
Immergruen (resto/kitty) on Nathrezim Server (US)
Guild leader for Pride and Ego

than/then | to/two/too | A lot (notice the space in there) | you/your/you're

Antonica
Premium

Horde Malganis. Level 1 guild FTW but still have 5 tabs, etc.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
Premium,MVM
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviews:
·ooma
·Comcast
·Callcentric
·Site5.com
reply to Immer

said by Immer:

said by Archivis:

The low pop server has it's disadvantages, for sure. If you are hoping to become progression minded, you basically have to recruit from other servers, lol. The AH is where you'll feel the pinch the most. Product just doesn't move as quickly as many are used to. Of the 3 low/med pop servers I've played on, I can say that ours has the most available for purchase... but that isn't saying a lot.

Our guild is like a very nice home out in the country. Some people love it... some people find they miss traffic jams and subway stations... to each his own. Please ask around and ask the tough questions before considering moving a toon over for us.

I already have 10 characters on bleeding hollow. As of right now, I am looking to make a mark somewhere else. If everything goes well on this new server, I will transfer a character or two over as well.

So, odds are, I will create the new character on the new server. Playing on Mal'Ganis sounds good to me. Let me know if you are playing Alliance or Horde and what your guild name is. May as well make friends with members here on dslr instead of trying to find a guild blindly.
--

Thaler
Premium
Los Angeles, CA
reply to drew

Again, if the low population is such a game stopper, and you already blew your transfer money on Diablo 3...make a high pop server alt. They're pretty simple to make & level.

Otherwise, I have to think that the situation on low pop servers aren't that bad. If $25 or a light grind is the barrier of entry keeping folks from a high pop "fix"...that's a pretty low opportunity cost to be passing up.

Antonica
Premium
reply to Nightfall

It comes down to your play style and if you want high or low pop.

If you are looking for a few of us, we're on Mal'Ganis - Horde side - Aftershock. Same guild/server we were on a year ago when we stopped.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
reply to drew

Since many people are on names not known to others, if you do a "who aftershock" to see if anyone is on, you'll probably be grabbing one of us. I don't think there is a need, short or long term to be recruiting folks outside of this website unless they approached us.

From what I hear, LFR can let us join and do whatever we want whenever we want.
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK