share rss forum feed

saillaw
Premium
join:2007-05-08
Dismay
kudos:2
reply to The0_o

Re: [PvP] World PVP / Exploring - How to bring it Back

As a side note, I really wish they would apply realistic flight mechanics. When you dive down you speed up, when you climb you slow down, you can't hover unless you have a helicopter, etc.
--
Immergruen to DeathPaladin -- "you still need to change your signature... it's ridiculous."

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE
why wouldnt a gryphon or wyvern be able to hover, any winged mount for that matter, the only one i would say that shouldnt be able to hover is the rocket
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!
I've lost the bleeps, I've lost the creeps and I've lost the sweeps.

saillaw
Premium
Dismay
Very, very few real world birds can hover. So very, very few mounts should be able to hover.

I guess it wouldn't bother me much if they could, I just think it would be fun to have a little fear thrown into flying in game. If you didn't pay attention and fly into a mountain you can die. If you climb too hard you stall. If you fly upwind you go slower, down wind faster.
--
Immergruen to DeathPaladin -- "you still need to change your signature... it's ridiculous."

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast
While I can agree that would make the flying interesting... I don't want Blizzard to work physics into the game. I like that my toon can run through other toons, I like that I just come to a complete stop when I hit a wall rather than taking dmg. I don't want a flight simulator... I only recommended the above changes to mitigate what flying mounts have done to world pvp.

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
Dodge, NE
i agree with Immer on the physics, i like being able to hop on my mount float high enough to not aggro a mob then go afk for whatever reason and not die
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!

saillaw
Premium
Dismay
Chickens, that's what you two are.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by saillaw:

Chickens, that's what you two are.

lol. I just think there are better things for the devs to be working on. I seriously dislike the idea of having character models bounce off each other. Imagine what that would do to raiding?

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
Dodge, NE
reply to saillaw
touche, touche to you my friend.

but im crotchity and dont like ghostcrawling back to a corpse
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!

bTU

join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO
reply to saillaw
said by saillaw:

Very, very few real world birds can hover. So very, very few mounts should be able to hover.

I guess it wouldn't bother me much if they could, I just think it would be fun to have a little fear thrown into flying in game. If you didn't pay attention and fly into a mountain you can die. If you climb too hard you stall. If you fly upwind you go slower, down wind faster.

So in a game where warlocks shoot green fireballs from their butts you're concerned with the physics of flight?