uniqs

Andy from CA
Premium Member
join:2008-09-05
Anaheim, CA

Andy from CA

Premium Member

Is this it?

This has been on the poll in my backyard for a while and I have Verizon FiOS. It may be something totally different but when I saw the pic on this article I wanted to share.

I may be totally wrong so no flames please. Is this LTE?

Onedollar
join:2001-08-27
Pomona, CA

Onedollar

no, copper
travelguy
join:1999-09-03
Bismarck, ND
Asus RT-AC68
Ubiquiti NSM5

1 edit

travelguy to Andy from CA

to Andy from CA
said by Andy from CA:

I may be totally wrong so no flames please. Is this LTE?

Smiley aside, no. It's a just a weatherproof enclosure for copper splices, or a line amp.

Verizon's new service uses their standard LTE towers. The cantenna mounts on your house, not a nearby telephone pole. The concept is that unlike a 4G dongle or 4G/wifi box, the cantennas can be tuned to a single channel on a single tower. This reduces the impact to Verizon's infrastructure.

It's actually a good way for Verizon to leverage the investment they're making in LTE deployments and backhaul. It's not a cable or high speed DSL replacement, but it does fill a niche.

Andy from CA
Premium Member
join:2008-09-05
Anaheim, CA

Andy from CA

Premium Member

said by travelguy:

Smiley aside, no. It's a just a weatherproof enclosure for copper splices, or a line amp.

Verizon's new service uses their standard LTE towers. The cantenna mounts on your house, not a nearby telephone pole. The concept is that unlike a 4G dongle or 4G/wifi box, the cantennas can be tuned to a single frequency on a single tower. This reduces the impact to Verizon's infrastructure.

Thanks for the info.