spc
Search similar:

uniqs
FIOS4cable
join:2009-05-08
NYC

FIOS4cable

[HD] NEW HD Channels when ???

Does FIOS Plan to add any HD channels in the near future?

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

If you consider near the next 2 months "at least", then no.
Acct101
Premium Member
join:2011-09-20
Bensalem, PA

Acct101

Premium Member

Is it me, or when I listened to their latest commerical, Fios was talking about how they alway add new channel content... REALLY?

HenryFarpolo
Premium Member
join:2003-08-31
Andover, MA

HenryFarpolo

Premium Member

How many "new HD" threads have we had since the last time Verizon added new HD channels??

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Well, it's been over 12 months since they've added a block of channels, so probably quite many threads!

aaronwt
Premium Member
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
Asus RT-AX89

aaronwt to Acct101

Premium Member

to Acct101
said by Acct101:

Is it me, or when I listened to their latest commerical, Fios was talking about how they alway add new channel content... REALLY?

Did it say channel content or HD channel content?
kes601
join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA

kes601 to HenryFarpolo

to HenryFarpolo
said by HenryFarpolo:

How many "new HD" threads have we had since the last time Verizon added new HD channels??

Probably more threads than we have HDs

Greg2600
join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600 to Acct101

to Acct101
said by Acct101:

If you speak Spanish, yes.
FiosTV1080I
join:2010-09-06
united state

FiosTV1080I to FIOS4cable

to FIOS4cable
In the Summer Time If were Lucky , will get New HD channels.

jodhak
@rga.com

jodhak to FIOS4cable

Anon

to FIOS4cable
anyone know what Twitter Joe's list is like.. are these some of the channels we can expect?!?!?

GolTV
FuelTV
Fox Soccer Plus
CBS Sports
BBC America
Cartoon Network
Crime & Investigation
Style
Sundance
Hallmark
RBost
join:2009-07-07
Richmond, VA

RBost

I heard that a new .crap channel will be available soon. There seems to be a federal law that only Vz. can carry these channels, so I's sure that we will be getting that.

bohratom
My Jersey Giants finally winning again..
join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

bohratom to FIOS4cable

to FIOS4cable
Didn't someone from verizon post last month that when Disney Jr is added this month that it will include HD?

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

said by bohratom:

Didn't someone from verizon post last month that when Disney Jr is added this month that it will include HD?

It will launch an HD version, but not here. 14 months now they've been trying to find more capacity. Man, they need to hire me to run this project! LOL.

Here's the lineup to drool over - we'll probably never match it - but it's awesome. 198 HD's in Orlando on Brighthouse.

»tvlistings.zap2it.com/tv ··· L09477:X
FIOS4cable
join:2009-05-08
NYC

FIOS4cable to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt
I could wait 2 month. Thank for the update

joe01880
join:2007-10-26
Wakefield, MA

joe01880 to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt
said by SeattleMatt:

said by bohratom:

It will launch an HD version, but not here. 14 months now they've been trying to find more capacity. Man, they need to hire me to run this project! LOL.

Here's the lineup to drool over - we'll probably never match it - but it's awesome. 198 HD's in Orlando on Brighthouse.

»tvlistings.zap2it.com/tv ··· L09477:X

I dont really care if i have c-span in HD and for the rest of it at what price and what PQ do all those channels come at? A HD channel that shows mostly stretch-o-vision IMO is not HD, its an annoyance and waste of space.

I have had FiOS for quite a while now and still have more content recorded on 2 TiVo's and a 7232 then I watch in a week.or a month.
The one thing that matters most to me is PQ, i have not forgotten what RCN's PQ was like or Comcast as i see them in family and freinds homes regularly. Nor have i forgotten how much the Dish companies charge for programming compared to what i pay now for almost as many channels and for a few dollars more then i was paying for satellite programing i get broadband intenet and telephone too.
Verizon will add more channels after they catch their breath and the tech catchs up to the demand and after they do, even before, your prices will go up
45612019 (banned)
join:2004-02-05
New York, NY

45612019 (banned)

I was in Bright House territory lately and C-SPAN HD looks really good. Everything they aired was native HD with top-notch graphics presentation. For most channels I do not believe their picture quality is any worse than Verizon's.

There is no reason to be defending Verizon over this. They dropped the ball and we all know it. Even if you don't watch channels like C-SPAN, Cartoon Network, BBC America, Game Show Network, etc. it's embarrassing that a little cable company in Florida carries over 50 more HD channels than Verizon's "state of the art" national fiber optics network.

joe01880
join:2007-10-26
Wakefield, MA

joe01880

said by 45612019:

There is no reason to be defending Verizon over this.

Im not defending anyone, at least I didnt think i was.
Much like Funimation and Bridges I could care less about C-Span and even less about it in HD, not given Vz seems to have space constraints and there are many other channels I would rather see in HD then C-Span, or Funimation or Bridges SD or otherwise. Include in that any .TV channels too yet I'm sure there are some who cant live without .TV channels and Funimation and i guess... C-Span HD

bohratom
Red Bank NJ

bohratom to 45612019

to 45612019
said by 45612019:

There is no reason to be defending Verizon over this. They dropped the ball and we all know it. Even if you don't watch channels like C-SPAN, Cartoon Network, BBC America, Game Show Network, etc. it's embarrassing that a little cable company in Florida carries over 50 more HD channels than Verizon's "state of the art" national fiber optics network.

Verizon also has alot of HD channels that Bright House does not like HDNET, HDNET Movies, NFL Network and NFL Redzone. Also when it comes to premium channels verizon has 2x more HBO/Showtime/Starz/Encore/Max HD channels. I guess its all on how some people see the glass half full and other half empty.

BTW my info is from avsforums HD list so as I do not have Bright House I cannot confirm the list.

»www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/ ··· =1058081
45612019 (banned)
New York, NY

45612019 (banned)

Oooh, Verizon has a whole four HD channels that Bright House doesn't. That sure makes up for the 50+ that Bright House has which Verizon doesn't.

Also, all I have to say is, if carrying a bunch of useless redundant "West" feeds counts as having "twice as many premium channels" then we truly are in sad shape over here in FiOS land.

That very chart you linked even proves yourself wrong. Some of the premiums Bright House carries in HD which Verizon does not:

@max
ActionMax West
ThrillerMax West
Encore West
HBO 2 West
HBO Comedy West
HBO Family West
HBO Latino West
HBO Signature West
HBO Zone West
IndiePlex
RetroPlex
Movie Channel West
Movie Channel Xtra West
Showtime Beyond
Showtime Beyond West
Showtime Next
Showtime Next West
Showtime Women
Showtime Women West
Starz West

The only four premium HD channels Verizon has which Bright House doesn't? EPIX and EPIX 2, Starz Comedy and Starz Edge.

Some of the non-premium HD movie channels Bright House carries which Verizon does not include Sundance Channel, FEARnet, Fox Movie Channel, Hallmark, Turner Classic Movies... amongst others...

bohratom
Red Bank NJ

bohratom

said by 45612019:

That very chart you linked even proves yourself wrong.

You looking at the same chart I am?

Verizon 43 HD channels for HBO/starz/showtime/tmc/epix/max
Bright House 30 HD channels

Any hoot its obvious you have your view and I have mine..

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

I can't wait for later this year when all the people that just recently were given 6xxx series boxes can't watch any of the new HD channels.

bohratom
Red Bank NJ

bohratom

said by SeattleMatt:

I can't wait for later this year when all the people that just recently were given 6xxx series boxes can't watch any of the new HD channels.

You like throwing that red meat out there don't ya....

BTW any links for that info or is it just from internal sources?
45612019 (banned)
New York, NY

45612019 (banned) to bohratom

to bohratom
Clearly I'm not, as the chart I'm looking at clearly states 41 Premiums for Verizon and 50 Premiums for Bright House.
tennisman94
join:2010-02-18
Palm Harbor, FL

tennisman94 to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt
said by SeattleMatt:

YES MPEG 4 FINALLY!
shark2k
join:2008-06-01
West Orange, NJ

shark2k to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt
said by SeattleMatt:

How late is later this year? Second half? Second quarter second half? Can you give any idea as to that?

Thanks

-Shark2k
Acct101
Premium Member
join:2011-09-20
Bensalem, PA

Acct101

Premium Member

With all due respect, JeepMatt has doesn't know when we are getting new channels. He was pushing the envelope last summer that we would be getting this massive upgrade. It never came to pass. My personal opinion is, we are stuck with what we have and will have to live with it, unless Fios gives up Fiber Optics which doesn't seem to work as planned.
shark2k
join:2008-06-01
West Orange, NJ

shark2k

said by Acct101:

With all due respect, JeepMatt has doesn't know when we are getting new channels. He was pushing the envelope last summer that we would be getting this massive upgrade. It never came to pass. My personal opinion is, we are stuck with what we have and will have to live with it, unless Fios gives up Fiber Optics which doesn't seem to work as planned.

Not sure what massive upgrade you are referring to, but we got 1.9 last year (it did take longer than anticipated, but we did get it). I don't recall JeepMatt mentioning a massive HD channel add though.

-Shark2k

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2 to FIOS4cable

Premium Member

to FIOS4cable
Do we really need a massive HD channel addition

Greg2600
join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600

said by WK2:

Do we really need a massive HD channel addition

There's probably up to a dozen networks that are often watched, which FIOS doesn't have.

PS: Has JeepMatt been hijacked by TJ?

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2

Premium Member

For me I have no complaints. But there are a number of non Hd channels none of which I watch