Start.ca
Premium Member
join:2008-11-16
London, ON

rocca

Premium Member

Start Communications - new TPIA Rogers/Cogeco

Click for full size
We're pleased to announce our new TPIA services which are soft-launching today in Rogers territories and coming to Cogeco in a couple weeks. More details are available on our web site at www.start.ca/services/highspeed or if you have any questions just let me know. Thanks.

brassy
join:2004-01-09
Brantford, ON

brassy

All Rogers territories?

Or the same scam as the rest? No Barrie, no Brantford, etcetc?

slowikc
join:2011-01-23
Milton, On

slowikc to rocca

to rocca
All Cogeco as in Halton region (Burlington, Oakville, Milton)??
HoboJ
join:2008-03-27
Cornwall, ON

HoboJ to rocca

to rocca
Is Belleville/Quinte West included as Cogeco territory? Inquiring minds must know!
morisato
join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON

morisato to rocca

to rocca
Sounds like the first customer of the aggregated Poi to me p:) hence covers all areas.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
London, ON

rocca to brassy

Premium Member

to brassy
said by brassy:

All Rogers territories?

All Rogers territories (except for Ottawa which will be up for April), ie, yes, Barrie, Brantford, etc...
rocca

rocca to slowikc

Premium Member

to slowikc
said by slowikc:

All Cogeco as in Halton region (Burlington, Oakville, Milton)??

Correct, all Cogeco territories in Ontario.
morisato
Oshawa, ON

morisato

Rocca are you Planning to offer Higher speed Unlimited packages and do you mind if i ask what speed your Cogeco poi is ? since its going to be Downright swamped with Hundreds of customers

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

said by morisato:

Rocca are you Planning to offer Higher speed Unlimited packages and do you mind if i ask what speed your Cogeco poi is ? since its going to be Downright swamped with Hundreds of customers

That is the $64 question isn't it.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
London, ON

rocca to morisato

Premium Member

to morisato
said by morisato:

Yes higher speeds will be coming in a couple of months after we have a good feel for what the network impact is. We want to prevent any type of backhaul congestion problems.

To that, if we see that growth is faster than expected we will pause sales until facilities are upgraded. Currently our Cogeco backhaul is 1Gbps, but we have 10G CNI's for both Rogers and Cogeco.

NeTwOrKDawg
Networking is a lifestyle
join:2005-04-25
Brantford, ON

NeTwOrKDawg to rocca

to rocca
YAY!!!!!!! Finally Brantford has some choice!!!!!!
morisato
Oshawa, ON

morisato to rocca

to rocca
said by rocca:

said by morisato:

Yes higher speeds will be coming in a couple of months after we have a good feel for what the network impact is. We want to prevent any type of backhaul congestion problems.

To that, if we see that growth is faster than expected we will pause sales until facilities are upgraded. Currently our Cogeco backhaul is 1Gbps, but we have 10G CNI's for both Rogers and Cogeco.

Okay and Unlimited? 300gig is just not enough for me anymore i do like 350 /380 all the time
khronlk
join:2009-10-26
Sarnia, ON

khronlk to rocca

to rocca
I would be all over that 20mbps Cogeco package if Sarnia has Docsis 3.0. Still im paying $62 a month now for 10/.64 and might consider the 8mbps package.

Rocca your site says "If you already have an existing cable internet service there is no charge to switch! The installation charge of $50 only applies to new cable internet service plans if you do not have an existing active cable internet service plan from another provider.

Does these mean packages from your own service or does this mean if someone has cable set up with either Cogeco or Rogers as well?

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

You don't need DOC 3 for 20mb, I'm currently pulling 28mb on my DOC 2 modem just fine.

neuromancer1
join:2007-01-22
York, ON

neuromancer1 to rocca

to rocca
How'd they manage to do what Teksavvy has been trying to do for ages with Cogeco or was Teksavvy just feeding those people a line.

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to rocca

Premium Member

to rocca
Yes! Fantastic!

Where do I sign up?
khronlk
join:2009-10-26
Sarnia, ON

khronlk to elwoodblues

to elwoodblues
said by elwoodblues:

You don't need DOC 3 for 20mb, I'm currently pulling 28mb on my DOC 2 modem just fine.

If that's the case I would be super happy, I would like to hear form Rocca though to be sure because in Cogeco land it's considered Doc 3. If your city is not upgraded you cannot get it.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to neuromancer1

Premium Member

to neuromancer1
said by neuromancer1:

How'd they manage to do what Teksavvy has been trying to do for ages with Cogeco or was Teksavvy just feeding those people a line.

The latter

Out of all seriousness, I don't think Teksavvy has the resources or the money to fight with another cable provider. They're going through hell with Rogers, can you imagine the fight with Cogeco?

Granted an aggregated POI, would make their life easier instead of having to manage dozens of them.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
London, ON

rocca to morisato

Premium Member

to morisato
said by morisato:

said by rocca:

said by morisato:

Okay and Unlimited? 300gig is just not enough for me anymore i do like 350 /380 all the time

Higher speeds will have higher usage caps.

Night Owl
join:2008-10-23
St Thomas, ON

Night Owl to rocca

to rocca
Will we be permitted to bring our own modem? The site only lists a rental option ($5.00/month) or purchase option ($69.95-->DOCSIS 2 or $$99.95-->DOCSIS 3).

Hey, also noticed they have a free shipping promo on purchased modems.

JC_
Premium Member
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON

JC_ to rocca

Premium Member

to rocca
said by rocca:

said by brassy:

All Rogers territories?

All Rogers territories (except for Ottawa which will be up for April), ie, yes, Barrie, Brantford, etc...

Are you guys using an aggregated POI for Rogers and Cogeco? If you are what is the reason for delaying the launch in Ottawa?

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
London, ON

rocca to khronlk

Premium Member

to khronlk
said by khronlk:

Does these mean packages from your own service or does this mean if someone has cable set up with either Cogeco or Rogers as well?

The later, ie as long as you have active cable with any provider then the installation is currently waived.
rocca

rocca to neuromancer1

Premium Member

to neuromancer1
said by neuromancer1:

It's been a two year process for us.

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to rocca

Premium Member

to rocca
March 21st.

The due date for our first child.

The date Cogeco territory finally gets some decent TPIA.

This is awesome news. March 21st is a good day for so many reasons!

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
London, ON

rocca to Gone

Premium Member

to Gone
said by Gone:

Yes! Fantastic!

Where do I sign up?

For Cogeco signups will begin in about two weeks (anticipated date of March 21st), the link for signup is www.start.ca/services/signup

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to khronlk

Premium Member

to khronlk
Officially Rogers wants you to have a DOC3 modem for speeds 18mb and above, but I'm with Distributel ,and I've had my old 5100 for years it continues to provide from the lowly 5 or 7mb when I got it all the way up to the 28 today.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
London, ON

rocca to Night Owl

Premium Member

to Night Owl
said by Night Owl:

Will we be permitted to bring our own modem? The site only lists a rental option ($5.00/month) or purchase option ($69.95-->DOCSIS 2 or $$99.95-->DOCSIS 3).

Hey, also noticed they have a free shipping promo on purchased modems.

During our soft-launch until the 21st we don't have a bring-your-own-modem option, but it will be available during general launch. (provided it's compatible of course)

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

A family member has a SB5100 , which should have no issues pulling 20mb (in Cogeco land)
morisato
Oshawa, ON

morisato to rocca

to rocca
Another good thing From their signup page p:)
We also are offering a 30-day money back guarentee if you are not happy with our service for any reason.

neuromancer1
join:2007-01-22
York, ON

neuromancer1 to rocca

to rocca
said by rocca:

said by neuromancer1:

It's been a two year process for us.

I think Teksavvy has been trying longer with Cogeco but there kind of going down the drain right now. Good to see competition and cable for those people in areas that Teksavvy doesn't service.