Search similar:

uniqs
juggie
join:2007-04-25
H0H0H0

juggie to rocca

to rocca

Re: Start Communications - new TPIA Rogers/Cogeco

I use the QOS in tomato and with the right settings it works very well.. I am able to saturate my downstream or upstream and still maintain voip quality and a low ping.

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

Yeah, the QoS included in Tomato is vastly superior to what's included with DD-WRT.
taytong888
join:2005-06-20
Nepean, ON

taytong888 to rocca

to rocca
I chose DD-WRT over Tomato because:

1. My current router model is not supported by Tomato firmware;

2. At the moment only DD-WRT supports Repeater Bridge feature.
Johny
join:2012-12-06

Johny to rocca

to rocca
Just signed up last night. The sales rep and I had a nice 45 minute talk about fiberop and how Rogers are cheap little sh*ts

Seems to me like you guys hire people that know what they're talking about

Any ETA on how long the modem will take to ship out? The rep also noted that you guys might be upping the upload to a possible 2mbps on some of the packages, is that sometime soon? I'd love to have 2 vs the 1.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
join:2008-11-16
London, ON

rocca

Premium Member

Thanks for the feedback, I'm very proud of our entire team.

The modem ships as soon as we get a confirmed order back from the cable company, generally that's about 2 days. The modem goes out Xpresspost which is next-day to most major cities, 2 days to pretty much anywhere else.

In regards to the uploads, I expect you'll see some changes in the next month including higher speed uploads on the Red network - just don't know the specific speeds or if any pricing changes at this time. Should be decided soon.

Thanks and welcome aboard!
Johny

Johny

Awesome sounds good. I'm not afraid to pay a little more, in the end im paying less than I was with rogers, granted I did have the 45-4 with the oh-so-stupid 150gb cap.
CmdrData
join:2012-12-10
canada

CmdrData

New to START, got service activated on Sat (even tho Red tech made me wait from 8a-3p!!) but everything seems working fine now.

Quick question for all...

I bought a new DCM475 off of a local store, it works fine but how do I find out which firmware version it is on?
mlord
join:2006-11-05
Kanata, ON

mlord

The modem has a web interface, which you can access from an attached PC (or through your router) at 192.168.100.1. No cable connection required.

On the left, are three "tab" names. The "Diagnostics" tab will show the firmware and other info when clicked.

If it has Stac.02.08 on it, then it is too old for use. In Ottawa, I can update it. In Toronto, user Teddy Boom can also do so.
CmdrData
join:2012-12-10
canada

CmdrData

^^ OK, thx for the info! I'll look it up tonight and hope it has a newer firmware then 02.08.
CmdrData

CmdrData

I just checked my modem firmware and it's on Stac 02.16, so I'm all good for now.

Thx!
petheridge
join:2004-05-06
Oshawa, ON

petheridge to rocca

to rocca
Signed up yesterday, was surprised to get my install date confirmed so quick and the modem sent out the same day. Looking forward to next Monday to get the service installed.

eeeaddict
join:2010-02-14

eeeaddict to mlord

to mlord
what about the sb6120's?

OWell
@start.ca

OWell to rocca

Anon

to rocca
With all the drama unfolding at Teksavvy. I would like to have some idea how long logs are kept at Start.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
London, ON

rocca

Premium Member

Great question. I've included a link where it was just recently discussed at »IP logging retention If you have any questions just let me know. Thanks.
Johny

Johny to rocca

to rocca
Woot! Finally got on start today. Speeds look pretty stable (28/1):

»www.speedtest.net/result ··· 7177.png (fluke I guess )
»www.speedtest.net/result ··· 9910.png

Now if only I could get faster upload speeds.. that would be awesome. Hopefully sometime soon

Any way to monitor usage? I can track it with my router, but just wondering if theres any official way on the site

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium Member
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON

Teddy Boom

Premium Member

The CRTC decision on Rogers recent speed upgrades is out, and faster upload should be coming to Start any time. Possibly January:

»Re: New speeds Rogers cable - Teksavvy watch out
resa1983
Premium Member
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON

resa1983

Premium Member

That's actually only part of the decision... We're still waiting to find out whether 'old' tiers will get upgraded to these new ones, as Rogers can just grandfather them.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
London, ON

rocca to Teddy Boom

Premium Member

to Teddy Boom
They will be available in January. We have to take a bit of time to analyze the costs to see what the impact will be to our retail packages but as promised, customers on current packages will have the option to stay where they are if they choose.

JC_
Premium Member
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON

JC_

Premium Member

Thanks for the update rocca.

pat2k8
join:2000-12-24
Burlington, ON

pat2k8

Hi Rocca, not sure if its just me, but I am experiencing an outage in Burlington, Appleby and Mainway? Any others experiencing a problem?

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
London, ON

rocca

Premium Member

Not that I'm aware of. Start with a factory reset, if still having problems give a call or email support@start.ca and we can go from there. Thanks.

pat2k8
join:2000-12-24
Burlington, ON

pat2k8

thx for stating the obvious! LOL, its working great again! Must be too much turkey on the brain........

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
London, ON

rocca

Premium Member

No problem, sometimes gravy gets into the cabling and turns gelatinous. Some Pepto, a reset and you're back in business.

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by rocca:

No problem, sometimes gravy gets into the cabling and turns gelatinous. Some Pepto, a reset and you're back in business.

I had heard that it was the Stuffing blocking the data packets.

abitbent
join:2004-04-23
Brantford, ON

abitbent to rocca

to rocca
Finally... after 15 years with Rogers, I've made a fresh Start.

The changeover process was seamless and easy. Even got a courtesy call from the nice folks in London to make sure everything was working ok.

I feel so liberated, like I've left an abusive relationship.

jasmo34
join:2008-03-20
~ London ~

jasmo34

said by abitbent:

Finally... after 15 years with Rogers...

I cannot fathom what you have endured, nor what you have paid!

I think you'll find solid service and support here with Start.

If you didn't know, here is their junior forum on DSLR...
»Start.ca

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
London, ON

rocca to abitbent

Premium Member

to abitbent
Thanks for the feedback. Welcome aboard and glad to have you with us.
morisato
join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON

morisato to rocca

to rocca
SO are the new speeds rolling out Rocca?

XNemesis
join:2002-11-16
Kitchener, ON

XNemesis

+100k to this

TOPDAWG
Premium Member
join:2005-04-27
Calgary, AB

TOPDAWG to abitbent

Premium Member

to abitbent
did rogers come to your house or they just did everything at their office?