Premium
join:2008-11-16
London, ON
kudos:22
reply to JCohen

Re: Start Communications - new TPIA Rogers/Cogeco

said by JCohen:

Got a few questions.

1. As you are on an aggregated POI what is the overage cost per GB?
2. Will you be offering an unlimited connection at some point?
3. Do you have a working bandwidth check for both providers?

1. 50 cents currently.

2. We're very active CNOC participant and working to get the capacity rates down to where they belong. If we're successful there then I forsee a day were unlimited could be available at higher speeds. With current rates though it's just not possible as the risk is in the several hundred dollars per customer.

3. For Rogers we're working on a solution, Cogeco should be in place for April.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium
London, ON
reply to Night Owl

said by Night Owl:

Will there be a charge for account changes?

For example, if I sign up for the Standard Cable service w/200GB usage and later you offer unlimited for $x.xx more will I need to pay a fee to upgrade?

There are no plans to pass those charges on at this time, if it becomes an issue later we may have to address it at that time, but I don't suspect it will...

JCohen
Premium
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON
kudos:6
reply to rocca

rocca; I would recommend separating your DSL offerings from you Cable page and than make it clearer for the cable offering between the regions, like bold text saying Rogers Region and Cogeco Region.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium
London, ON

said by JCohen:

rocca; I would recommend separating your DSL offerings from you Cable page and than make it clearer for the cable offering between the regions, like bold text saying Rogers Region and Cogeco Region.

Our entire site will be redone in a few weeks (just wasn't able to get it launched in time and didn't want to hold back cable any longer), but appreciate your input.

JCohen
Premium
Nepean, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
·TekSavvy Cable
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to rocca

said by rocca:

said by Night Owl:

For example, if I sign up for the Standard Cable service w/200GB usage and later you offer unlimited for $x.xx more will I need to pay a fee to upgrade?

There are no plans to pass those charges on at this time, if it becomes an issue later we may have to address it at that time, but I don't suspect it will...

Why would their be a fee to move between capped and unlimited in the same speed tier as it's just a database change Start Com's end.

Last Parade

join:2002-10-07
Port Colborne, ON
reply to rocca

Just signed up. I'd like to know still if you allow people to bring their own modem.

JCohen
Premium
Nepean, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
·TekSavvy Cable
·Rogers Hi-Speed

said by Last Parade:

Just signed up. I'd like to know still if you allow people to bring their own modem.

Was answered already here »Re: Start Communications - new TPIA Rogers/Cogeco.

JCohen
Premium
Nepean, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
·TekSavvy Cable
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to rocca

said by rocca:

said by JCohen:

Our entire site will be redone in a few weeks (just wasn't able to get it launched in time and didn't want to hold back cable any longer), but appreciate your input.

Looking forward to the new design.

Last Parade

Port Colborne, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to JCohen

said by JCohen:

said by Last Parade:

Was answered already here »Re: Start Communications - new TPIA Rogers/Cogeco.

Yeah just caught that. Still no firm date though.

Last Parade

Port Colborne, ON
reply to rocca

OP Please advise on a referral program. I have a couple hundred disgruntled customers I'd like to sign up.

morisato

join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON

ROFL, i have a feeling the cogeco forum is going to be rocking tonight. Dillyhammer i am surprised has not chimed in yet
--
Every time Someone leaves Sympatico an Angel gets its wings.

NeTwOrKDawg
Networking is a lifestyle

join:2005-04-25
Brantford, ON
reply to Last Parade

said by Last Parade:

OP Please advise on a referral program. I have a couple hundred disgruntled customers I'd like to sign up.

»start.ca/about/referrals

$25 credit on signup!!

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to morisato

said by morisato:

ROFL, i have a feeling the cogeco forum is going to be rocking tonight. Dillyhammer i am surprised has not chimed in yet

Didn't he just get 12 or 16Mbit DSL?

andyb
Premium
join:2003-05-29
SW Ontario
kudos:1
reply to rocca

looks good and tempting but 200GB just wont cut it for me.I bounce around from 150 to 350.Overages would kill me some months

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON
reply to rocca

Any chance of there being pre-purchased extra bandwidth bundles available at a reduced rate versus the 50 cent overage fees?

Not that I'm concerned, but just thinking to the future.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium
London, ON
reply to JCohen

said by JCohen:

said by rocca:

said by Night Owl:

Why would their be a fee to move between capped and unlimited in the same speed tier as it's just a database change Start Com's end.

Oh yes, never a fee for something like that.

morisato

Oshawa, ON
reply to Gone

yes but who knows maybe he was in love with the cable technology heh, 25 dollar on signup credit sick! Okay! off i go to make a few grand!
--

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
reply to rocca

This is going to put a serious dent in Teksavvy's expansion plans.
Those that are in Cogecoland and are contemplating xDSL, will jump on this.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium
London, ON
reply to andyb

said by andyb:

looks good and tempting but 200GB just wont cut it for me.I bounce around from 150 to 350.Overages would kill me some months

I hear ya - we won't be right for everyone, and we do have unlimited on lower speed packages. You never know what might happen down the road though - still working with the CRTC on rate review for capacity rates, that could be a game changer.

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to morisato

said by morisato:

yes but who knows maybe he was in love with the cable technology heh, 25 dollar on signup credit sick! Okay! off i go to make a few grand!

Yeah I've got quite a few people I need to get switched over.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium
London, ON
reply to Gone

said by Gone:

Any chance of there being pre-purchased extra bandwidth bundles available at a reduced rate versus the 50 cent overage fees?

Down the road certainly possible, but for initial launch we're taking a cautious approach until we see how the traffic patterns differ from what we're used to with DSL.

brassy

join:2004-01-09
Brantford, ON
reply to rocca

Any discounts for former multiboard users?

Cool that you are doing the whole areas, including this hole we call Brantford..

tonytoronto

join:2007-10-31
Toronto, ON
reply to elwoodblues

Hopefully

rocca
Start.ca
Premium
London, ON
reply to brassy

said by brassy:

Any discounts for former multiboard users?

Goin' old school there! Please, no one look up our old 1997 multiboard.com web page on archive.org.... Terrible. F-.

andyb
Premium
join:2003-05-29
SW Ontario
kudos:1
reply to rocca

said by rocca:

said by andyb:

I hear ya - we won't be right for everyone, and we do have unlimited on lower speed packages. You never know what might happen down the road though - still working with the CRTC on rate review for capacity rates, that could be a game changer.

I just may switch if the standard gets bumped up.I see nothing unlimited on your site thou

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to rocca

said by rocca:

Down the road certainly possible, but for initial launch we're taking a cautious approach until we see how the traffic patterns differ from what we're used to with DSL.

Smart. The last thing we want is to deal with slowdowns due to available capacity to Cogeco not being able to handle subscriber load.

QL0G1C

join:2007-02-20
Concord, ON
reply to rocca

I hope King City will be avalaible, having a hard time finding a TPIA that covers that area with 20+ speed and unlimited

rocca
Start.ca
Premium
London, ON
reply to andyb

said by andyb:

I just may switch if the standard gets bumped up.I see nothing unlimited on your site thou

The new site should do a better job of displaying it, but it's a $5 upgrade to the Basic package - 2nd last column on the grid.

JCohen
Premium
Nepean, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
·TekSavvy Cable
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to rocca

said by rocca:

said by Gone:

I saw that you posted earlier that you have a 1Gbps POI link to Cogeco, what's you POI connection to Rogers?

morisato

Oshawa, ON

He said he has 1gps backhaul, and 10g cnis with both rogers and cogeco.
--