uniqs

brassy
join:2004-01-09
Brantford, ON

brassy to rocca

to rocca

Re: Start Communications - new TPIA Rogers/Cogeco

All Rogers territories?

Or the same scam as the rest? No Barrie, no Brantford, etcetc?

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
join:2008-11-16
London, ON

rocca

Premium Member

said by brassy:

All Rogers territories?

All Rogers territories (except for Ottawa which will be up for April), ie, yes, Barrie, Brantford, etc...

JC_
Premium Member
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON

JC_

Premium Member

said by rocca:

said by brassy:

All Rogers territories?

All Rogers territories (except for Ottawa which will be up for April), ie, yes, Barrie, Brantford, etc...

Are you guys using an aggregated POI for Rogers and Cogeco? If you are what is the reason for delaying the launch in Ottawa?

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
London, ON

rocca

Premium Member

said by JC_:

Are you guys using an aggregated POI for Rogers and Cogeco? If you are what is the reason for delaying the launch in Ottawa?

Yes, we're on aggregated for both. Reason for delay on Ottawa is simply a minor technical one, should be resolved shortly.
morisato
join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON

morisato

said by rocca:

said by JC_:

Yes, we're on aggregated for both. Reason for delay on Ottawa is simply a minor technical one, should be resolved shortly.

Rocca I hope you realize that This particular can of worms you have just opened is going to literally Increase your business by THOUSANDS of customers maybe 10-20 thousand, and are prepared for the extreme volume coming your way callcenters/ backhaul ordering wise. i forsee those 10g cnis being ate up within 3 months

JC_
Premium Member
Nepean, ON

JC_ to rocca

Premium Member

to rocca
said by rocca:

said by JC_:

Makes sense.

Got a few questions.

1. As you are on an aggregated POI what is the overage cost per GB?
2. Will you be offering an unlimited connection at some point?
3. Do you have a working bandwidth check for both providers?

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to morisato

Premium Member

to morisato
said by morisato:

said by rocca:

said by JC_:

Rocca I hope you realize that This particular can of worms you have just opened is going to literally Increase your business by THOUSANDS of customers maybe 10-20 thousand, and are prepared for the extreme volume coming your way callcenters/ backhaul ordering wise. i forsee those 10g cnis being ate up within 3 months

Agreed, Cogeco is going to have a huge outflux of customers jumping to Start just for the increased caps alone.

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to JC_

Premium Member

to JC_
said by JC_:

The million dollar question. Even 25 cents/GB would be doable. I can't see it being anything higher than that.

I've never gone over 300GB. If the incumbents had these kind of plans there would be far less anger among customers.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

The website indicates 50c/GB

Additional usage is 50 cents per GB on non-unlimited usage plans

The difference though is the incumbents have a TV distribution networks to protect.

With Shaw/Bell/Rogers they also have broadcast networks to protect.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
London, ON

rocca to morisato

Premium Member

to morisato
said by morisato:

Network wise we're good for about 80Gbps before our next upgrade.

Staffing is incremental and we've added more office space, but it is certainly something we're keeping a close eye on and will scale our marketing/sales efforts accordingly and if needed suspend sales until backend things catch up.

We've been in business for over 15 years and I've seen the destructive powers of hyper-growth, so we're doing our best to grow at a pace that ensures we maintain the high quality of service and support our customers are used to. If that means slowing things down and keeping current customers happy, it's something we're prepared to do.
rocca

rocca to JC_

Premium Member

to JC_
said by JC_:

Got a few questions.

2. Will you be offering an unlimited connection at some point?
3. Do you have a working bandwidth check for both providers?

1. 50 cents currently.

2. We're very active CNOC participant and working to get the capacity rates down to where they belong. If we're successful there then I forsee a day were unlimited could be available at higher speeds. With current rates though it's just not possible as the risk is in the several hundred dollars per customer.

3. For Rogers we're working on a solution, Cogeco should be in place for April.

JC_
Premium Member
Nepean, ON

JC_ to rocca

Premium Member

to rocca
rocca; I would recommend separating your DSL offerings from you Cable page and than make it clearer for the cable offering between the regions, like bold text saying Rogers Region and Cogeco Region.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
London, ON

rocca

Premium Member

said by JC_:

rocca; I would recommend separating your DSL offerings from you Cable page and than make it clearer for the cable offering between the regions, like bold text saying Rogers Region and Cogeco Region.

Our entire site will be redone in a few weeks (just wasn't able to get it launched in time and didn't want to hold back cable any longer), but appreciate your input.

JC_
Premium Member
Nepean, ON

JC_

Premium Member

said by rocca:

said by JC_:

Our entire site will be redone in a few weeks (just wasn't able to get it launched in time and didn't want to hold back cable any longer), but appreciate your input.

Looking forward to the new design.