share rss forum feed

khronlk

join:2009-10-26
Sarnia, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to rocca

Re: Start Communications - new TPIA Rogers/Cogeco

I would be all over that 20mbps Cogeco package if Sarnia has Docsis 3.0. Still im paying $62 a month now for 10/.64 and might consider the 8mbps package.

Rocca your site says "If you already have an existing cable internet service there is no charge to switch! The installation charge of $50 only applies to new cable internet service plans if you do not have an existing active cable internet service plan from another provider.

Does these mean packages from your own service or does this mean if someone has cable set up with either Cogeco or Rogers as well?

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
You don't need DOC 3 for 20mb, I'm currently pulling 28mb on my DOC 2 modem just fine.

khronlk

join:2009-10-26
Sarnia, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
said by elwoodblues:

You don't need DOC 3 for 20mb, I'm currently pulling 28mb on my DOC 2 modem just fine.

If that's the case I would be super happy, I would like to hear form Rocca though to be sure because in Cogeco land it's considered Doc 3. If your city is not upgraded you cannot get it.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium
join:2008-11-16
London, ON
kudos:23
reply to khronlk
said by khronlk:

Does these mean packages from your own service or does this mean if someone has cable set up with either Cogeco or Rogers as well?

The later, ie as long as you have active cable with any provider then the installation is currently waived.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
reply to khronlk
Officially Rogers wants you to have a DOC3 modem for speeds 18mb and above, but I'm with Distributel ,and I've had my old 5100 for years it continues to provide from the lowly 5 or 7mb when I got it all the way up to the 28 today.