Start.ca
Premium
join:2008-11-16
London, ON
kudos:23
reply to Night Owl

Re: Start Communications - new TPIA Rogers/Cogeco

said by Night Owl:

Will we be permitted to bring our own modem? The site only lists a rental option ($5.00/month) or purchase option ($69.95-->DOCSIS 2 or $$99.95-->DOCSIS 3).

Hey, also noticed they have a free shipping promo on purchased modems.

During our soft-launch until the 21st we don't have a bring-your-own-modem option, but it will be available during general launch. (provided it's compatible of course)

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2

A family member has a SB5100 , which should have no issues pulling 20mb (in Cogeco land)

morisato

join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON
reply to rocca

Another good thing From their signup page p:)
We also are offering a 30-day money back guarentee if you are not happy with our service for any reason.
--
Every time Someone leaves Sympatico an Angel gets its wings.

Night Owl

join:2008-10-23
London, ON
reply to rocca

said by rocca:

said by Night Owl:

Will we be permitted to bring our own modem? The site only lists a rental option ($5.00/month) or purchase option ($69.95-->DOCSIS 2 or $$99.95-->DOCSIS 3).

Hey, also noticed they have a free shipping promo on purchased modems.

During our soft-launch until the 21st we don't have a bring-your-own-modem option, but it will be available during general launch. (provided it's compatible of course)

Thank you...that's good news.

Don't want to bombard you with too many questions but one other: Will there be a charge for account changes?

For example, if I sign up for the Standard Cable service w/200GB usage and later you offer unlimited for $x.xx more will I need to pay a fee to upgrade?
--
What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away. - Anonymous

rocca
Start.ca
Premium
London, ON

said by Night Owl:

Will there be a charge for account changes?

For example, if I sign up for the Standard Cable service w/200GB usage and later you offer unlimited for $x.xx more will I need to pay a fee to upgrade?

There are no plans to pass those charges on at this time, if it becomes an issue later we may have to address it at that time, but I don't suspect it will...

JCohen
Premium
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON
kudos:9
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
·TekSavvy Cable
·Rogers Hi-Speed

said by rocca:

said by Night Owl:

There are no plans to pass those charges on at this time, if it becomes an issue later we may have to address it at that time, but I don't suspect it will...

Why would their be a fee to move between capped and unlimited in the same speed tier as it's just a database change Start Com's end.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium
London, ON

said by JCohen:

said by rocca:

said by Night Owl:

Why would their be a fee to move between capped and unlimited in the same speed tier as it's just a database change Start Com's end.

Oh yes, never a fee for something like that.