morisato
join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON

morisato to rocca

to rocca

Re: Start Communications - new TPIA Rogers/Cogeco

said by rocca:

said by JC_:

Are you guys using an aggregated POI for Rogers and Cogeco? If you are what is the reason for delaying the launch in Ottawa?

Yes, we're on aggregated for both. Reason for delay on Ottawa is simply a minor technical one, should be resolved shortly.

Rocca I hope you realize that This particular can of worms you have just opened is going to literally Increase your business by THOUSANDS of customers maybe 10-20 thousand, and are prepared for the extreme volume coming your way callcenters/ backhaul ordering wise. i forsee those 10g cnis being ate up within 3 months

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

said by morisato:

said by rocca:

said by JC_:

Are you guys using an aggregated POI for Rogers and Cogeco? If you are what is the reason for delaying the launch in Ottawa?

Yes, we're on aggregated for both. Reason for delay on Ottawa is simply a minor technical one, should be resolved shortly.

Rocca I hope you realize that This particular can of worms you have just opened is going to literally Increase your business by THOUSANDS of customers maybe 10-20 thousand, and are prepared for the extreme volume coming your way callcenters/ backhaul ordering wise. i forsee those 10g cnis being ate up within 3 months

Agreed, Cogeco is going to have a huge outflux of customers jumping to Start just for the increased caps alone.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
join:2008-11-16
London, ON

rocca to morisato

Premium Member

to morisato
said by morisato:

Network wise we're good for about 80Gbps before our next upgrade.

Staffing is incremental and we've added more office space, but it is certainly something we're keeping a close eye on and will scale our marketing/sales efforts accordingly and if needed suspend sales until backend things catch up.

We've been in business for over 15 years and I've seen the destructive powers of hyper-growth, so we're doing our best to grow at a pace that ensures we maintain the high quality of service and support our customers are used to. If that means slowing things down and keeping current customers happy, it's something we're prepared to do.

JC_
Premium Member
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON

JC_

Premium Member

rocca; I would recommend separating your DSL offerings from you Cable page and than make it clearer for the cable offering between the regions, like bold text saying Rogers Region and Cogeco Region.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
join:2008-11-16
London, ON

rocca

Premium Member

said by JC_:

rocca; I would recommend separating your DSL offerings from you Cable page and than make it clearer for the cable offering between the regions, like bold text saying Rogers Region and Cogeco Region.

Our entire site will be redone in a few weeks (just wasn't able to get it launched in time and didn't want to hold back cable any longer), but appreciate your input.

JC_
Premium Member
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON

JC_

Premium Member

said by rocca:

said by JC_:

Our entire site will be redone in a few weeks (just wasn't able to get it launched in time and didn't want to hold back cable any longer), but appreciate your input.

Looking forward to the new design.