J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4

Premium Member

[SU]iPhoto

You can now delete photo's from the cloud without a reset.

haroldo
join:2004-01-16
USA

haroldo

For the record, Photos (iOS 5.1 app) now allows you to delete individual images from the Photo Stream.
iPhoto (OS X app) hasn't been updated (at least, not on my machine). As such, I don't believe individual images can be removed from one's computer. I believe the subject line and above comment is misleading.

mbernste
MVM
join:2001-06-30
Piscataway, NJ

mbernste

MVM

said by haroldo:

I believe the subject line and above comment is misleading.

Actually, this is incorrect. I got the update and you can now delete individual pictures.

haroldo
USA

haroldo

Hmmm...I checked Software Update... and there wasn't an update, as of this morning. I wonder why some folk gets updates and others don't?

Thinkdiff
MVM,
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY

Thinkdiff

MVM,

Did you check the Mac App Store? iPhoto is updated through the App Store now.

haroldo
USA

haroldo

Dang! Didn't get the memo!
Why does Apple have to be so secretive? Wouldn't their users be better served if they tell us? Something like a notice that appears in Software Update... that says "please check App Store for updates to ***"

Love their products, but I'd love them more if they weren't so quiet with respect to changes. How's the average (non-forum visiting) user supposed to know what to do?

TamaraB
Question The Current Paradigm
Premium Member
join:2000-11-08
Da Bronx
·Verizon FiOS
Ubiquiti NSM5
Synology RT2600ac
Apple AirPort Extreme (2013)

TamaraB

Premium Member

said by haroldo:

Dang! Didn't get the memo!
Why does Apple have to be so secretive?

No, you get to the app store eventually. A broadcast notice would have everyone getting the updates at the same time slowing down the distribution servers. As it is, last night's updates came down very SLOW.

I had just updates Lion to 10.7.3 earlier in the day, then all iLife apps on iPhone, and three on Mac late yesterday evening. It was a lot of updates for one day. Staggering the updates makes sense.

Bob

Thinkdiff
MVM,
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY

Thinkdiff to haroldo

MVM,

to haroldo
Agreed in this respect. Mountain Lion fixes the problem by offering all updates via the Mac App Store, but until then, Apple should at least put some kind of indicator in the regular Software Update app that shows there are updates available via the App Store.

I never use the Mac App Store, so I would've never known about the iPhoto and GarageBand updates unless I saw these threads or one of the Mac news sites.
Riamen
Premium Member
join:2002-11-04
Calgary

Riamen to Thinkdiff

Premium Member

to Thinkdiff
said by Thinkdiff:

My iPhoto update came via Software Update. Maybe because I didn't purchase it through the App Store.
yabos
join:2003-02-16
London, ON

yabos

said by Riamen:

said by Thinkdiff:

My iPhoto update came via Software Update. Maybe because I didn't purchase it through the App Store.

Same here

J E F F4
Premium Member
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4 to haroldo

Premium Member

to haroldo
Did you get the update yet?

Deleting from stream...awesome!

mbernste
MVM
join:2001-06-30
Piscataway, NJ

mbernste to J E F F4

MVM

to J E F F4
Yes, mine came via Software Update as well.

dellsweig
Extreme Aerobatics
MVM
join:2003-12-10
Campbell Hall, NY

dellsweig to J E F F4

MVM

to J E F F4
just pulled iPhoto down to the Ipad - looks nice..

One big thing I noticed is that it does not allow you to buy prints (via apple) like the OSX version of Iphoto does

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX

Nezmo to J E F F4

MVM

to J E F F4
So, as an iPad 2 owner this $5 app is pretty pointless right? I mean photos taken with the iPad 2 are not worth a crap and if I need to sync photos from my PC to run them through iPhoto I may as well use the far superior editing powers of PhotoShop on my PC.. right? Am I missing anything? I do not use Photo stream.

J E F F4
Premium Member
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4 to mbernste

Premium Member

to mbernste
said by mbernste:

Yes, mine came via Software Update as well.

I am wondering about the app store iPhoto version, is it different at all than the iPhoto that comes with Lion (Snow Leopard)? Seems that it has very poor reviews. I haven't any issues with it, but I was going to purchase it for the other rig but after seeing the reviews...I decided to keep it as is.
J E F F4

J E F F4 to Nezmo

Premium Member

to Nezmo
No..I guess it would be worthless on the iPad 2, which has an insulting dollarama camera. My bet this is for the iPad.

haroldo
USA

haroldo to Nezmo

to Nezmo
The goal is to make you never need your computer. This is a first step. Basically they want to provide you the option of not having to go back and forth

The post PC world