All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Hanner
@comcast.net

Hanner

Anon

[Serious] Know good person for installation of wiring in S.F?

Looking for leads on people that are better than AT&T at adding a physical phone line and wall mounted cable from drop in a Victorian.
I know it is a low bar, considering that AT&T is happy to do it wrong and charge thrice for the crumminess, but we're having a hard time finding a contractor that will do it. Is there a different forum or different code words that we should try? It isn't a complex job, but we just don't have any leads at the moment. Ideas?
Thanks!

rolfp
no-shill zone
Premium Member
join:2011-03-27
Oakland, CA

rolfp

Premium Member

Re: [Serious] Know good person for installation of wiring in S.F

I wouldn't discredit AT&T's capabilities out of hand, although it can be a matter of which tech is working. Did you get this sorted?

Hanner
@astound.net

Hanner

Anon

Nope, still no leads. Do you have someone we should try?

rolfp
no-shill zone
Premium Member
join:2011-03-27
Oakland, CA

2 edits

rolfp

Premium Member

I'm on the other side of the bay and don't have contacts there. I chimed in because I do related work, not specialized, but general, such as here. It's tough to make a mutually satisfactory arrangement in S.F. to do work, what with travel, tolls, and pita parking.

I tend to think AT&T would be one of your better options or you could browse Yelp or the like for local contractors. Just maybe, Eric Youngblood, an electrical contractor who lives on this side but ranges pretty far afield, could be a resource for you:

*Join and IM me for more details.