uniqs
share rss forum feed

mahermusic

join:2001-07-06
U.S.A.
Reviews:
·Vonage

9 Years with Vonage Today!!!

Today's my 9-year anniversary with a company that has saved me so much money from Verizon and AT&T. No problems over those 9 years (except the great power outage during the summer of '04), but even then the calls were routed to my cell. Here's to 9 years, and the big decade coming next year. Attaboy, Vonage!!!
--
1/20/09 = The final day of our Retarded Cowboy President!

cork1958
Cork
Premium
join:2000-02-26

Regardless of what plan you're on, I'm glad that you feel like you have saved a ton of cash and are happy with the service.

I keep having people tell me about the other VoIP plans there are out there that are even cheaper, but I feel about the same as you. I know Vonage has been around a little longer than most, so that helps also. In fact, I just got done replying to a person's IM from the Charter forums here who suggested I get Magic Jack after I stated what I'm paying for Vonage. I had tried Magic Jack for all of 5 minutes just before I ordered Vonage. The number MJ issued me was so far from being a local number, the only people who could've called me for free were probably in Istanbul!! Sent it back 10 minutes after receiving it.

Now that I have gotten on the $9.99 for life plan, it's even better

Only been with Vonage for a year or so, but have no intentions of cancelling or leaving Vonage any time soon either.
--
The Firefox alternative.
»www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/

montysimmons

join:2003-10-16
Easley, SC

What is the 9.99 for life plan? How did you get it?

Is this 9.99 for life unlimited calling and to what locations?

thanks

mahermusic

U.S.A.
Reviews:
·Vonage

said by montysimmons:

thanks

Yes, it's an unlimited for life plan that wasn't advertised by Vonage. We called in a few months ago and asked the customer rep to add it. There was a thread on here a while back that talks about it. Some people had trouble adding it, but I was able to change both my Vonage lines over to it with no problem, and then I changed my mother's line over the next day, again with no problem. Comes to roughly $16 after taxes, but it is, as it says, unlimited, with all the features. It doesn't include international calling.

I don't know if they're still offering it, but it's worth a shot to try...
--

montysimmons

Easley, SC

3 edits

Just called.

They claim that rate is no longer available and the best they can do is $14.99 for one year.

Going to look around for another service. No way I am going to pay double what others are paying - - unless such rate is the best I can do anywhere.

Do you guys have a suggestion for a new VoiP service ?

I am going t look around this forum some more and the internet.

Google Voice looks promising.

dellsweig
Extreme Aerobatics
Premium,MVM
join:2003-12-10
Campbell Hall, NY
kudos:1
reply to mahermusic

said by mahermusic:

said by montysimmons:

thanks

Yes, it's an unlimited for life plan that wasn't advertised by Vonage. We called in a few months ago and asked the customer rep to add it. There was a thread on here a while back that talks about it. Some people had trouble adding it, but I was able to change both my Vonage lines over to it with no problem, and then I changed my mother's line over the next day, again with no problem. Comes to roughly $16 after taxes, but it is, as it says, unlimited, with all the features. It doesn't include international calling.

I don't know if they're still offering it, but it's worth a shot to try...

Just looked at my billing history - Its 9 years for me too this month!!!!
--
Nothin' left to do but smile smile smile

dellsweig
Extreme Aerobatics
Premium,MVM
Campbell Hall, NY
reply to mahermusic

Well - I just called Vonage to convert my second line to a fax only line. My kids no longer live at home and this line gets little use.

The cost for that turns out to be 9.99 a month (was paying 11.99). I told the woman for that price, I might as well cancell the second line and just keep the one Vonage number.

The Vonage rep then offered to convert BOTH my numbers to 9.99 unlimited for life plan. My primary number was on the 24.99 a month plan.

9.99 a month for life (no contract) is alive and well......
--

mahermusic

U.S.A.
Reviews:
·Vonage
reply to montysimmons

said by montysimmons:

Just called.

They claim that rate is no longer available and the best they can do is $14.99 for one year.

Going to look around for another service. No way I am going to pay double what others are paying - - unless such rate is the best I can do anywhere.

Call back and speak to someone else. I was able to get my lines switched over on the first call, but other have had to make 2-3 calls before they found a rep that was willing to change over.

***What worked for me (and others) is that you choose the phone prompt to CANCEL your service. This will direct your call over to the appropriate Vonage reps that can offer you the plan.

Let us know how it works out.
--

dellsweig
Extreme Aerobatics
Premium,MVM
Campbell Hall, NY

said by mahermusic:

said by montysimmons:

Just called.

Call back and speak to someone else. I was able to get my lines switched over on the first call, but other have had to make 2-3 calls before they found a rep that was willing to change over.

***What worked for me (and others) is that you choose the phone prompt to CANCEL your service. This will direct your call over to the appropriate Vonage reps that can offer you the plan.

Let us know how it works out.

Yup - normal customer service cannot do this - select account changes from the menu - thats the one that works
--

montysimmons

Easley, SC

1 edit

On March 12, 2012, I was able to convert both my Vontage numbers over to the unlimited calling plan for $9.99/month, US and Canada, for Life (it will never go up) with all the same features I had been paying $24.99/month per line..

That is a $30/month savings.

Apparently the trick is to call and indicate you are going to CANCEL your service. They claim the "sales" department has a different set of rates compared to the "retention" department and apparently one gets a different department depending on how the call is presented.

In any event, the $9.99/month for life plan is alive and well as of today (March 12, 2012) - one simply must speak to the right person at Vontage.

Thanks guys.

Vontage e-mail.

We're delighted that you've chosen to stay with Vonage.

We're writing to confirm the terms you discussed on 03/12/2012 with our Account Management Representative to continue using the phone number(s) listed above and change to the $9.99 $9.99 month U.S. and Canada Unlimited - Additional Line, effective 03/12/2012.

As discussed, you'll continue to be charged a monthly fee of $9.99 on the following plan:

$9.99 $9.99 month U.S. and Canada Unlimited - Additional Line