Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

JTC
Always Mount A Scratch Monkey

join:2002-01-09
USA

Tunnel connection quality

There are many sites, such as this one, that offers a way for the end user to monitor the 'quality' of their connection... for IPv4.

However, my google-fu must be weak, as I'm not finding anything for the v6 side of the house. Obviously, it's frowned upon to pick a random web site to use as the target of a smokeping or nagios setup, so that's right out.

So, is anyone aware of a site that doesn't mind if it's used as the target for a 'quality monitor'?
--
All hardware sucks, all software sucks, some just suck more than others

NetDog
Premium,VIP
join:2002-03-04
Parker, CO
kudos:77

1 recommendation

What ISP are you on? I use facebook, google, and youtubes v6 address to "monitor" my v6.

JTC

USA

said by NetDog:

What ISP are you on? I use facebook, google, and youtubes v6 address to "monitor" my v6.

Currently I'm on a comcast business account for the v4 side.

I guess one of those would work, I'm sure that anything coming from my addresses wouldn't be anything they would really notice, but I wanted to be sure there wasn't anything sanctioned as a viable end point for testing before I did anything.
--

NetDog
Premium,VIP
join:2002-03-04
Parker, CO
kudos:77
reply to JTC

if your using a Comcast v6 tunnel you can hit www.comcast6.net, it has v6 on it as well.

JTC

USA

said by NetDog:

if your using a Comcast v6 tunnel you can hit www.comcast6.net, it has v6 on it as well.

I guess I could add that address as well to see. But no, comcast hasn't rolled v6 out to business connections yet, at least not in my area.
--