Search similar:

uniqs

grohgreg
Dunno. Ask The Chief
join:2001-07-05
Dawson Springs, KY

grohgreg

[Exede] Dealer/installer provisioning notice

Here's an email shown to me by a dealer/installer yesterday. I'm posting for informational purposes, just in case there are any new Exede customers wondering why the installer hasn't shown up yet.

Dear ViaSat Retailer,

ViaSat is currently experiencing a critical nationwide outage affecting our provisioning system. Many of you have already experienced an inability to provision and install any sales that were scheduled for installation today. We apologize for this inconvenience.

Until this outage is resolved, our dealers and our fulfillment network will not be able to complete any installations, upgrades or service calls. ViaSat will also not be building any new showroom accounts during this time. As you can imagine, our IT team is working with our vendor to resolve this issue as soon as possible. We will continue to provide at least daily updates to our retailers until this outage has been resolved. Until then, nothing can be provisioned or installed.

ViaSat retailers are still able to make sales and enter orders. Our Sales Only retailers can also make sales, enter orders and schedule their work in our scheduling system. However, nothing can be provisioned or installed until this outage has been resolved.

If you have sales that have been scheduled for fulfillment through our installation network, ViaSat Customer Care is contacting these customers to reschedule their orders. We will continue to do this on a day-by-day basis until this situation is resolved. If you are contacted by your customers regarding their open orders, please advise the customer of the outage and inform them that ViaSat will contact them to reschedule.

We recommend that Self Installing retailers outbound call or email any customers you have with open or pending orders to advise them of the outage. You can then reschedule with your customers when the provisioning system is again operational.

Please advise your staff and technicians of this outage as soon as possible.

We know many of you are sitting on pending orders and we are working hard to resolve this outage as soon as possible. We appreciate your continued support and patience during this difficult time and we apologize for this inconvenience.

Thank you.

Brad Behmer
National Director of Sales

//greg//

Storm97
Premium Member
join:2003-04-14
Manteca, CA

Storm97

Premium Member

I had to literally LOL as I was already on site installing a customer when we got this email... It took me 7 different errors and 8 tries, but I got them provisioned...

WildblueUser
@myvzw.com

WildblueUser to grohgreg

Anon

to grohgreg
Wildblue pulled this topic from the "propganda forum board" they run. I guess they don't want their users knowing the truth about what is going on. They have a habit of doing that
marsh_0x
join:2006-04-25
Tomahawk, WI

marsh_0x to Storm97

to Storm97
Any update ?
Excede installers were here until 7pm Tuesday trying to get provisioned and had to give up.
They just called back and it should be a go for today according to their office ?

Upgrade from Dish Network that I always trust, so I'll update later...

Marsh

Meganano
@pacbell.net

Meganano to grohgreg

Anon

to grohgreg
What do you mean by "provisioning"?
marsh_0x
join:2006-04-25
Tomahawk, WI

marsh_0x

WB installers just left and had to make several attempts to provision, means authorize the modem into their system, Greg and others can explain better than me.

Using SpeedTest.net a fairly consistent 11-18Mbps, 2.8Mbps up with ping about 690ms of little concern to me.
Last night HN was giving me 300kbps 5-10pm cst
Heck my cellular was faster

The future has arrived today and liking it

grohgreg
Dunno. Ask The Chief
join:2001-07-05
Dawson Springs, KY

grohgreg to Meganano

to Meganano
said by Meganano :

What do you mean by "provisioning"?

Two main activities occur after you order. Putting up the dish and connecting the modem is the "installing" part. Establishing the account over the satellite - and making it work with the servers on the other end - that's "provisioning".

//greg//

Storm97
Premium Member
Manteca, CA

Storm97 to grohgreg

Premium Member

to grohgreg
No official word (As far as emails or notices) but one of our guys just finished up an install and it went through provisioning fine (aside the "normal" mandatory 2 retries after the ECA screen )

xmas2000
Premium Member
join:2012-01-02

xmas2000

Premium Member

My eXede was installed today (3-9-12) and there were no problems with provisioning... Smooth as silk.

FastSatNet
@comcast.net

FastSatNet to grohgreg

Anon

to grohgreg
Expect that I have 2 modem that won't provision now because I tried to provision them when it was down.

K Fouquette
@mycingular.net

K Fouquette to grohgreg

Anon

to grohgreg
I was upgraded to Exede Friday morning and ran into the provisioning problems. So I was left without any Internet at all. No updates or info all weekend despite calling WildBlue many times. Today my installer is coming back to remove Exede and put the old service back in.

Reading through the contract is spooky. I'm glad that I had the weekend to review it. Basically they guarantee nothing. No minimum service level, no guaranteed service at all! And no way to cancel either. Nit sure if I'm willing to be a guinea if for this service anymore - I will probably wsit to know if upgrades go well for many other people first.

ExedeBlue
@comcast.net

ExedeBlue

Anon

WTF kind of installer were they! I put everybody old system back when I had trouble with provisioning.
micwa
join:2009-01-13
Seminary, MS

micwa to K Fouquette

to K Fouquette
Everything was supposed to be fixed last Friday.

Storm97
Premium Member
Manteca, CA

Storm97 to grohgreg

Premium Member

to grohgreg
Put another one in today and no issues with provisioning at all... Went right through without even having to restart once!

K Fouquette
@mycingular.net

K Fouquette

Anon

My WildBlue account is still locked and won't go through provisioning. The installer came back on Monday to remove Exede hardware and hooked up the old system again. He was great actually - we never thought the account problems would last this long. Hopefully WildBlue will get my account fixed soon and we can try again. Hopefully the wireless router issues will be resolved by then too. My local people and supplier have been great but it took too long for WildBlue to let them know about problems...