uniqs

dib22
join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

dib22 to MovieLover76

to MovieLover76

Re: Can't Blame them.

said by MovieLover76:

... I have to say I have a HSPA+ 21mbps galaxy S2 on AT&T for work, and I get 7 - 10mbps which ain't bad for faux-4G...

Agree about the AT&T speed... I also enjoy the speeds on my Faux G service with AT&T... wish sprint and verizon would upgrade their backhaul like at&t has the last few months.

CaptainRR
Premium Member
join:2006-04-21
Blue Rock, OH

CaptainRR

Premium Member

I am in a rural area and all of my Verizon sites around me have fiber running to them. EV-DO is not all that fast compared to LTE never was but good enough for me till LTE upgrades come along and the cell sites are all ready for it in my area.

MovieLover76
join:2009-09-11
Cherry Hill, NJ

MovieLover76 to dib22

to dib22
Verizon has the back haul, it's just that ev-do is much older than hspa+ and can only do a maximum of 3.1mbps, so the 3G tech limits verizon's 3G network speeds.
mmay149q
Premium Member
join:2009-03-05
Dallas, TX

mmay149q to dib22

Premium Member

to dib22
said by dib22:

said by MovieLover76:

... I have to say I have a HSPA+ 21mbps galaxy S2 on AT&T for work, and I get 7 - 10mbps which ain't bad for faux-4G...

Agree about the AT&T speed... I also enjoy the speeds on my Faux G service with AT&T... wish sprint and verizon would upgrade their backhaul like at&t has the last few months.

I would find it for you if I could, but there was an article on this site about 2 years ago showing Verizon upgrading their backhaul with fiber, whereas AT&T is still just adding T1's to their cell sites, I think you mistyped that and have it backwards.

Matt

CaptainRR
Premium Member
join:2006-04-21
Blue Rock, OH

CaptainRR

Premium Member

I remember that article also and actually seen it happen. Not just metro areas rural areas as well. Time Warner cable is actually the ones supplying it around me to Verizon for backhaul.
mmay149q
Premium Member
join:2009-03-05
Dallas, TX

mmay149q

Premium Member

Yeah I also seem to remember something about not all cell towers carry this on VZW, I think some of them have wireless backhaul, of course I don't know what the service is like on those, however if you check my downloads screenshots you'll see I get a consistent at least 10Mbps connection.

Matt