spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

endgame

@enmaxenvision.net

[AB] Shaw Webmail Issue

Yesterday, the ability to open the Shaw Webmail page vanished from my house. There are some other sites that aren't working anymore either, but Shaw Webmail is my primary concern right now. Aside from Shaw Webmail (and those other sites), internet access in general appears to be fine. Shaw tech support is mystified, especially once I disconnected my laptop from the cable modem, tethered it to my BlackBerry (on Telus) and then surfed to Shaw Webmail just fine.

Has anyone out there heard of this before? Is there a solution?

Thanks for any help.

kevinds
Premium
join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB
kudos:3

What happens when you try? Would be my first question.

-Posted from my phone.

endgame

@enmaxenvision.net

There are a few different scenarios. Using Firefox 10, sometimes I will get a "The Connection Has Been Reset" error. Other times the progress indicator will just spin forever. Other times, the login screen will sort of load - kind of a text-only version with no banners or images. Inputting credentials into this page mostly just yields a blank page, trying to load forever. It's kind of like trying to access a web server that's on a terrible connection, or is nearly exceeding its bandwidth cap.

ShawSean

join:2010-07-16
Vernon, BC
kudos:12
reply to endgame

@endgame - I did notice a few browsing issues this morning on IE and FF, but chrome worked fine.

Retested now and all is well across multiple browsers.

Have you updated to the newest Java release?

Let me know how things are now.

Cheers.
--
Sean
Twitter - @Shaw_Sean

endgame

@enmaxenvision.net

The issues persist. Nearly 24 hours now. The PC I'm testing with right now has the latest and greatest Java client installed (this was part of the Shaw troubleshooting marathon last night). No-go in either Firefox or IE (this PC doesn't have Chrome, but the latop I was using last night does). Again, not a browser issue, a connection issue, as everything works perfectly the second I use my tethered BlackBerry connection.

ShawSean

Vernon, BC

If you don't mind registering and sending me your contact details, I'll have a senior tech follow up with you.

Cheers.
--
Sean
Twitter - @Shaw_Sean

EndGame9

join:2012-03-08

Okay, I just e-mailed you my contact info.

Thanks!

ShawSean

Vernon, BC

If you could Direct message me EndGame, it would be preferred. Please include the account or phone number associated with your account.

Cheers.
--
Sean
Twitter - @Shaw_Sean

EndGame9

join:2012-03-08

I believe we have a solution to the issues we were having. A new cable modem seems to have done the trick.

ShawSean

Vernon, BC

Nice, well glad to hear that straightened things out. Let me know if problems persist.
--
Sean
Twitter - @Shaw_Sean

Josiane

@shawcable.net
reply to endgame

Re: [AB] Shaw Webmail Issue-Shaw webmail can't connect

I've been trying for a few hours to connect to my Shaw webmail account and it won't open. There's nothing happening, using Google Chrome and it keeps telling me the site is unavailable or can't be located, what's going on? I need to get on that site pronto. Thanks for the help. I live in Summerland, B.C.

Flamesfan

join:2011-03-28

I am in Calgary using Chrome (Version: 17.0.963.79 m) and its working for me.

Do you have any outstanding updates for Windows or Java?