spc
uniqs
marsh_0x
join:2006-04-25
Tomahawk, WI

marsh_0x to Mason2

to Mason2

Re: [general] Just got Excede installed

Just installed today my upgrade (contract fulfilled) going through Dish Network of course, very professional installers and quite happy.

2 months remain with HN haha last night 5-10pm cst back to throttle of 300kbps (not a typo)
My cellular beat them up.

EDIT in: the $84 plan includes state tax, 15GB
So I'm paying the same minus 2GB of no concern

compuguybna
join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN

compuguybna

the 15GB plan is 79.99 PLUS 9.99 lease fee (plus taxes). How does that come to $84 a month? Am I missing something?
said by marsh_0x:

Just installed today my upgrade (contract fulfilled) going through Dish Network of course, very professional installers and quite happy.

2 months remain with HN haha last night 5-10pm cst back to throttle of 300kbps (not a typo)
My cellular beat them up.

EDIT in: the $84 plan includes state tax, 15GB
So I'm paying the same minus 2GB of no concern

DrStrangLov
@12.189.32.x

DrStrangLov

Anon

said by compuguybna:

the 15GB plan is 79.99 PLUS 9.99 lease fee (plus taxes). How does that come to $84 a month? Am I missing something?

Instead of a monthly lease, one can buy the equipment

hdman
Flt Rider
Premium Member
join:2003-11-25
Appleton, WI

hdman

Premium Member

said by DrStrangLov :

said by compuguybna:

Thats not true in all markets. My NRTC coop does not offer a purchase option at all, which I'm OK with. My rental is 5.99 per month, and frankly, that means THEY fix it if I have issues, and my coop has been GREAT to deal with.

compuguybna
Nashville, TN

compuguybna to DrStrangLov

to DrStrangLov
That doesn't answer the original question, and the OP made no mention of purchasing the equipment. Thus, the questions remains unanswered.
said by DrStrangLov :

said by compuguybna:

Aranarth
join:2011-11-04
Stanwood, MI

Aranarth

I beleive there is a discount for bundling since Dishnetwork Tv and excede are on the same bill.
marsh_0x
Tomahawk, WI

1 edit

marsh_0x

Ok then, I just called Dish Network and MY monthly bill is $79.95 for Exede whatever a $5 discount for being a Dish Network customer means ?
Likely off my TV programming ?
Of no concern to me.

Whenever my online bill is posted if you care for proof, it shall be given.

Welcome to future started 8 March for me and paying nothing extra with the upgrade.
~Your mileage may Vary~

compuguybna
Do the math $79.95 times Wisconsin sales equals the $84 as explained prior ?

Correct me if I'm wrong you don't even have satellite ?

compuguybna
Nashville, TN

compuguybna

Nope, thank god I have 25mpbs cable internet......but looking for deals for my brother, who lives 7 miles up the street with none.

Might recommend it to him if install/pricing stories were consistent!
said by marsh_0x:

compuguybna

Correct me if I'm wrong you don't even have satellite ?

compuguybna

compuguybna to marsh_0x

to marsh_0x
That would be most gracious of you. My brother has DISH, so maybe he can get the same deal!
said by marsh_0x:

Ok then, I just called Dish Network and MY monthly bill is $79.95 for Exede whatever a $5 discount for being a Dish Network customer means ?
Whenever my online bill is posted if you care for proof, it shall be given.

marsh_0x
Tomahawk, WI

marsh_0x

Hi compuguybna

Doing a Google search in an unrelated search, this thread came up 1st page.

Ironic a long time friend today from the city with DSL paying for 3Mbps basic pack said my WB Excede is smoking hot playing with my other laptop.

I asked what the top DSL plan is and he will check, tho certain 15Mbps is the top shelf, so I lack with true facts now.

Darn hope not to bump this if an older post, HN has a future with Jupiter Gen4 ?
My future arrived couple weeks ago, only trying to give inspiration to those caught up with 9000 and 7000 congestion, certainly to not brag or to come out of character

Marsh

compuguybna
Nashville, TN

compuguybna

Hope you aren't shocked when you get your DISHNETWORK BILL with your EXEDE charges........i'm afraid they didn't tell you all of them.
said by marsh_0x:

Hi compuguybna

Doing a Google search in an unrelated search, this thread came up 1st page.

Marsh

zeddlar
join:2007-04-09
Jay, OK

zeddlar to marsh_0x

to marsh_0x
Yeah the larger town and city speeds on DSL generally cap out at about 15 Mb/s although there are exceptions of course. Where I am moving I can get my phone, all the same channels as my dish network on their top Americas Everything package, HD, DVR and their top DSL package at 3Mb/s for the same $120 a month that dish charges for just their Americas everything package. I will still be out in the country too which is the best benefit. I am moving back to SW Missouri and it seems that most of the little towns in that area have telcos that are commited to serving as many of their rural customers as possible. The town serving me is Anderson MO and has a population of around 1500 or less and they serve DSL and TV at least 10 miles from town and my sisters closest town has a population of about 200 if that and she gets service nearly 15 miles out from town so it is possible to serve many rural areas if the telcos are commited to getting service there.

DrStrangLov
@12.189.32.x

DrStrangLov

Anon

said by zeddlar:

and it seems that most of the little towns in that area have telcos that are committed to serving as many of their rural customers as possible.

Federal monies are related to little towns having nice upgrades. I know of several small towns with fiber optic to each home/business.

3 miles west of where I live, there are two different rural telephone companies with fiber optic hookup to those living on those roads. But, I have AT&T, with good old POTs; 14.4 kbps dialup.

It has nothing to do with " telcos that are committed to serving as many of their rural customers as possible," its the money.
zeddlar
Jay, OK

zeddlar

Well by that rule of thumb, then there are alot of bigger companies that should be expanding to rural ares as well, but you don't see that happening. It all depends on how the companies want to use those funds, and thus it falls to commitment, money or otherwise.

DrStrangLov
@12.189.32.x

DrStrangLov

Anon

said by zeddlar:

Well by that rule of thumb, then there are alot of bigger companies that should be expanding to rural ares as well...

Telcos are like Caterpillar dealerships...you have a turf area these days.

In the beginning of telephone services, AT&T took the cream mainly, and left the hicks out in the sticks...hence, rural telephone companies came about.

Here's two articles which give an overview:

Telcos Receive $103 Million in Federal Funding for Rural Broadband Expansion

»www.tmcnet.com/topics/ar ··· band.htm

Rural telephone companies fight fed broadband plan

»qctimes.com/news/local/r ··· 286.html
zeddlar
Jay, OK

zeddlar

Well either way it doesn't apply here because at least 4 of these towns have including this one and the one my sister lives near have had rural DSL and video service in rural areas for a long while before there was any grant money, so you can holler money money money till that pot of gold falls on your head and it isn't going to make the facts any different. Monett MO, expanded in 2004, Stella MO expanded in 2002, Anderson MO expanded in 2006 and Seneca MO expanded in 2004. Stella and Monett did run wireless for about a year or two untill the lines were run to handle the video and broadband feeds, but these are the years that each of these began work on expanding to rural customers. Lamar MO is there in the mix too but I couldn't find out just when they started but I know it was prior to 2008 because my brother has had DSL for at least that long.

DrStrangLov
@12.189.32.x

DrStrangLov

Anon

said by zeddlar:

have had rural DSL

Here's a primer

»DSL FAQ »Why is distance important with DSL?

»/distance

Note - 5,280 feet per mile
DrStrangLov

DrStrangLov to zeddlar

Anon

to zeddlar
said by zeddlar:

rural DSL

Please note: "rural DSL" is not the same as "city DSL."

I don't live in a city, I live in a rural area, where my nearest neighbor is one mile away.
DrStrangLov

DrStrangLov to zeddlar

Anon

to zeddlar
said by zeddlar:

Monett MO, Stella MO, Anderson MO, Seneca MO

These are cities...using existing infrastructure...all they had to do was buy DSL equipment.

I'm talking about upgrading to FIBER OPTICS