Premium Member
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ

dvd536 to m8trix

Premium Member

to m8trix
said by m8trix:

what firmware version do you have

So much for the arguement that 1.0.5.1 fixed that issue.
m8trix
join:2003-12-24
Chandler, AZ

m8trix

i love how you think because some one has a moto modem its instantly a modem issue and the cisco will cure all that is just being naive, the fact is since the firmware update this past june they are no more prone to issue then cisco modem but one of the first thing you want to check along with the signal is the firmware for the moto's as the older firmware's were causing issues

just looking at the first page of topics and eliminating people who posted multiple times there are just about as many people having connections issue with the cisco, but keep in mind that since motos are sold retail and are bought by more people its only natural that you may see more topics but i can tell you first hand im on a 6120 and had connection issue prior to the update but since not one problem

Ill im trying to tell you is have a open mind, if signal levels are fine and firmware is up to date and tech visit have not solved the issue then maybe that person should try a new modem or cisco but it seem you prefer to shoot first and ask question later approach

and being he said he had a older modem before and was having issue its more likely a signal or noise issue some where
daveinpoway
Premium Member
join:2006-07-03
Poway, CA

daveinpoway

Premium Member

It is my understanding that the signal levels of the bonded downstream channels need to be within 2 dB of each other; the 4th channel (1 dBmv) is somewhat lower than the other three (5 or 6 dBmv). This will probably require a tech visit to correct.