spc
uniqs

mking128
join:2005-08-10
Whitestone, NY

1 edit

mking128 to tired_runner

to tired_runner

[Business] Re: FIOS scheduled for Bronx NY - Castle Hill - yet?

On the other side of #6 subway/Westchester Ave, that's correct with the CO nearby, nothing showing for Unionport Road/Odell Street toward Parkchester section.

Good news if you are off Castle Hill Ave, using 22xx Haviland (just off CBE service road) - Fios is "live" - standalone, Double & Triple Play bundles, contract & no contract. Basically, free installation & wireless router plus DVR & std. STB for life deal, especially for Triples @ $84.99/mo. Not sure if they are extending it further down toward the Bruckner, yet ...

(P.S. Mix of private 1-3 family homes & 6 story buildings, overhead poles or aerials in/thru backyards)
tired_runner
Premium Member
join:2000-08-25
CT

tired_runner

Premium Member

FiOS has been active in Castle Hill for some time, just not on my particular section of the street. They've bypassed the private homes for which they can't readily get to the utility poles without asking the property owners for access.

Eddy120876
join:2009-02-16
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876

I see this is getting odd and more odd. The other day i ask one of the big trucks that says "Ask me about FIOS" so I did and the first thing they ask me: Do you live in a private home or a building. So i said building, then the techs told me that will take time because they need the landlord to give then permission. While homes all you need is permission to connect it since 193rd street has fios.
blaqueknite
join:2005-11-08

blaqueknite

Fios service is available in Tiebout CO some of the first buildings to have it are the Twin Parks buildings on 180th and Southern Blvd.