spc
uniqs

wTheOnew
@comcast.net

wTheOnew to JJ Johnson

Anon

to JJ Johnson

Re: What is "Blast Plus"?

Blast Plus is supposedly the Blast Internet package plus the Digital Economy TV package.

What does that mean? I've spent almost a dozen hours over the last week trying to figure just that out.

Blast plus is advertised at having 30/6 with powerboost while Blast is advertised at 20/4 with powerboost. I questioned this and was told that it is definitely Blast at 20/4 and that they don't have a 30/6 tier. A 30 minute conversation as to why they're advertising it at 30/6 if it doesn't exist ensued...

Now, on to Digital Economy. What exactly is that I ask since it's not listed online. Well it's Digital Basic and some of Digital Expanded. What exactly does some mean? No one seems to know exactly...

If I'm using a CableCard do I get the corresponding HD channels? Yes, if you rent an HD cable box. Um... Don't need a cable box, have CableCard.. Oh! Then yes, the HD channels are included in that price! Oh, I need the CableCard to be setup for one way communication only, no OnDemand or PPV, when you send it out to me. Oh, you don't do self installs any more? Great...

Any who, that's what I've found out on the topic. It's getting installed tonight. We'll see what everything actually is then.

For a company that provides such a great product, the sales, marketing, and CS departments are atrocious.

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

1 edit

telcodad

MVM

said by wTheOnew :

Blast Plus is supposedly the Blast Internet package plus the Digital Economy TV package.

What does that mean? I've spent almost a dozen hours over the last week trying to figure just that out.
:
Now, on to Digital Economy. What exactly is that I ask since it's not listed online. Well it's Digital Basic and some of Digital Expanded. What exactly does some mean? No one seems to know exactly...

To find out what is on the Digital Economy TV package in your area, click on: »www.comcast.com/Customer ··· ect=true
and enter your street address and zip code. On the next page, just above the channel list (which displays "All Channels" by default) select "Digital Economy" from the "Select a package type:" pull-down menu box. The list should now show all the Digital Economy channels.

wTheOnew
@comcast.net

wTheOnew

Anon

said by telcodad:

said by wTheOnew :

:

To find out what is on the Digital Economy TV package in your area, click on: »www.comcast.com/Customer ··· ect=true
and enter your street address and zip code. On the next page, just above the channel list (which displays "All Channels" by default) select "Digital Economy" from the "Select a package type:" pull-down menu box. The list should now show all the Digital Economy channels.

That drop-down hasn't worked for me in any browser, on any computer, for any location that I've lived in for at least the last 3 years. It will either not drop down or it will always show all channels. Thanks for the tip though... But, that's another story not really related to this thread. Don't want to hijack it.
wTheOnew
join:2012-03-09

1 edit

wTheOnew to telcodad

to telcodad
Same thing as post above ^

JJ Johnson
Premium Member
join:2001-08-25
Fort Collins, CO

JJ Johnson to wTheOnew

Premium Member

to wTheOnew
said by wTheOnew:

Blast plus is advertised at having 30/6 with powerboost while Blast is advertised at 20/4 with powerboost. I questioned this and was told that it is definitely Blast at 20/4 and that they don't have a 30/6 tier. A 30 minute conversation as to why they're advertising it at 30/6 if it doesn't exist ensued...

I think that's just a matter of Comcast's own marketing stupidity ("Xfinity" - really?) for quoting powerboost burst speeds instead of actual capped rates. It confuses their own sales and support people almost as much as it does their customers.