share rss forum feed

polarisdb

join:2004-07-12
USA
reply to Brano

Re: L2TP VPN on USG - quick how-to

said by Brano:

said by polarisdb:

I was also wondering why creating an address object for the WAN interface is required? The ZyXEL documentation did the same thing with a static IP and I wasn't sure why...

If you have static WAN IP then you're fine with static IP. However I have dynamic WAN IP and creating object of Interface type will ensure the object's value (IP) will change as my WAN IP changes.

Bear with me, but I am still confused. I have a dynamic IP, but what I don't understand is why creating an address object pointing to the interface instead of using the interface itself (WAN1_IP in my case) is done?

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS
kudos:5

said by polarisdb:

said by Brano:

said by polarisdb:

I was also wondering why creating an address object for the WAN interface is required? The ZyXEL documentation did the same thing with a static IP and I wasn't sure why...

If you have static WAN IP then you're fine with static IP. However I have dynamic WAN IP and creating object of Interface type will ensure the object's value (IP) will change as my WAN IP changes.

Bear with me, but I am still confused. I have a dynamic IP, but what I don't understand is why creating an address object pointing to the interface instead of using the interface itself (WAN1_IP in my case) is done?

I have a theory. Its a very good theory. Well tis a theory by Anne Elk (thats two nn's and an e), if your visually impaired and hearing this text!!

Brano's real namee is Bran Ojectoriented. And there you have it.
A theory by Anne Elk
--
Ain't nuthin but the blues! "Albert Collins".
Leave your troubles at the door! "Pepe Peregil" De Sevilla. Just Don't Wifi without WPA, "Yul Brenner"

LlamaWorks Equipment