uniqs
mahermusic
TRUMP LOST LOL
join:2001-07-06

mahermusic to montysimmons

to montysimmons

Re: 9 Years with Vonage Today!!!

said by montysimmons:

What is the 9.99 for life plan? How did you get it?

Is this 9.99 for life unlimited calling and to what locations?

thanks

Yes, it's an unlimited for life plan that wasn't advertised by Vonage. We called in a few months ago and asked the customer rep to add it. There was a thread on here a while back that talks about it. Some people had trouble adding it, but I was able to change both my Vonage lines over to it with no problem, and then I changed my mother's line over the next day, again with no problem. Comes to roughly $16 after taxes, but it is, as it says, unlimited, with all the features. It doesn't include international calling.

I don't know if they're still offering it, but it's worth a shot to try...
montysimmons
join:2003-10-16
Easley, SC

3 edits

montysimmons

Just called.

They claim that rate is no longer available and the best they can do is $14.99 for one year.

Going to look around for another service. No way I am going to pay double what others are paying - - unless such rate is the best I can do anywhere.

Do you guys have a suggestion for a new VoiP service ?

I am going t look around this forum some more and the internet.

Google Voice looks promising.

dellsweig
Extreme Aerobatics
MVM
join:2003-12-10
Campbell Hall, NY

dellsweig to mahermusic

MVM

to mahermusic
said by mahermusic:

said by montysimmons:

What is the 9.99 for life plan? How did you get it?

Is this 9.99 for life unlimited calling and to what locations?

thanks

Yes, it's an unlimited for life plan that wasn't advertised by Vonage. We called in a few months ago and asked the customer rep to add it. There was a thread on here a while back that talks about it. Some people had trouble adding it, but I was able to change both my Vonage lines over to it with no problem, and then I changed my mother's line over the next day, again with no problem. Comes to roughly $16 after taxes, but it is, as it says, unlimited, with all the features. It doesn't include international calling.

I don't know if they're still offering it, but it's worth a shot to try...

Just looked at my billing history - Its 9 years for me too this month!!!!
mahermusic
TRUMP LOST LOL
join:2001-07-06

mahermusic to montysimmons

to montysimmons
said by montysimmons:

Just called.

They claim that rate is no longer available and the best they can do is $14.99 for one year.

Going to look around for another service. No way I am going to pay double what others are paying - - unless such rate is the best I can do anywhere.

Call back and speak to someone else. I was able to get my lines switched over on the first call, but other have had to make 2-3 calls before they found a rep that was willing to change over.

***What worked for me (and others) is that you choose the phone prompt to CANCEL your service. This will direct your call over to the appropriate Vonage reps that can offer you the plan.

Let us know how it works out.

dellsweig
Extreme Aerobatics
MVM
join:2003-12-10
Campbell Hall, NY

dellsweig

MVM

said by mahermusic:

said by montysimmons:

Just called.

Call back and speak to someone else. I was able to get my lines switched over on the first call, but other have had to make 2-3 calls before they found a rep that was willing to change over.

***What worked for me (and others) is that you choose the phone prompt to CANCEL your service. This will direct your call over to the appropriate Vonage reps that can offer you the plan.

Let us know how it works out.

Yup - normal customer service cannot do this - select account changes from the menu - thats the one that works
montysimmons
join:2003-10-16
Easley, SC

1 edit

montysimmons

On March 12, 2012, I was able to convert both my Vontage numbers over to the unlimited calling plan for $9.99/month, US and Canada, for Life (it will never go up) with all the same features I had been paying $24.99/month per line..

That is a $30/month savings.

Apparently the trick is to call and indicate you are going to CANCEL your service. They claim the "sales" department has a different set of rates compared to the "retention" department and apparently one gets a different department depending on how the call is presented.

In any event, the $9.99/month for life plan is alive and well as of today (March 12, 2012) - one simply must speak to the right person at Vontage.

Thanks guys.

Vontage e-mail.

We're delighted that you've chosen to stay with Vonage.

We're writing to confirm the terms you discussed on 03/12/2012 with our Account Management Representative to continue using the phone number(s) listed above and change to the $9.99 $9.99 month U.S. and Canada Unlimited - Additional Line, effective 03/12/2012.

As discussed, you'll continue to be charged a monthly fee of $9.99 on the following plan:

$9.99 $9.99 month U.S. and Canada Unlimited - Additional Line