So It Goes
Premium Member
join:2002-10-11
USA

Chaplain to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
said by Exodus:

Why would you be open to it if you don't like the idea? I sincerely doubt we would have lynched a mafia on Day 1 or 2, which means we would have been down two more players, or we could have forced power roles to claim as we pressured them. You know what we've lost so far? Two generic townies? Why? Because the mafia didn't have a power role handed to them on a platter.

Well, not just 2 vanilla roles:

Modem - Night Vig
Protus - Vanilla
Adalicia - Vanilla

Do you think it would have been better to No Lynch yesterday instead of lynching someone who claimed vanilla after they made an apparent error?

As I posted about No Lynch (where you are currently calling me out), I started thinking about it, and find I am more open to the argument as it gives information on how someone (like you) is thinking. Getting people to participate through input is important at this point in the game, whether I agree with the argument or not. That being said......

Here's my thoughts on it. On one hand, we've gotten lucky with the deaths so far, so is it pushing it to lynch someone now with little information, and hope the Night Kill doesn't land on a doc or cop? Or, is it too late in the game to consider the No Lynch option? I'm starting to think No Lynch might be better as a roll of the dice, cause I can't imagine there's a lot more vanilla town roles out there, and I don't want to lynch a town power role. BUT, with less people to choose from, we have a better chance to get mafia. I'm conflicted totally and completely on this, and would like to hear what you and others think on the matter.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus to Meningitis

Premium Member

to Meningitis
My metagame tells me Kristopher is not mafia.

Chaplain
So It Goes
Premium Member
USA

Chaplain to Meningitis

Premium Member

to Meningitis
said by Meningitis:

Vote: Kristopher

Please tell me you're not mafia, just say it

I'm not mafia.

I'm town.
Chaplain

Chaplain

Premium Member

Dude, you made it extremely obvious, so I'm just going to say it. Tell us your results from Day 1 forward. Hopefully you'll be protected tonight, but if you die, I don't want us to not have your info.

Dezbend
MVM
join:2001-04-20

Dezbend to Brom

MVM

to Brom
yeah it was that second one, that I was remembering. thanks for looking it up for me, I hadn't had time to do it yet.

maybe nothing, but I got nothing to go on.

Meningitis
Hi
Premium Member
join:2009-03-06
Places

Meningitis to Chaplain

Premium Member

to Chaplain
said by Chaplain:

Dude, you made it extremely obvious, so I'm just going to say it. Tell us your results from Day 1 forward. Hopefully you'll be protected tonight, but if you die, I don't want us to not have your info.

I hope I won't be protected. I'm not what you think I am. The protection would be wasted on me.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus to Chaplain

Premium Member

to Chaplain
said by Chaplain:

Do you think it would have been better to No Lynch yesterday instead of lynching someone who claimed vanilla after they made an apparent error?

I think it would have been a better option until the role claim was forced. We had and still have zero information as a group to go off of. What if Ada was a power role? Upon forcing Ada to role claim, I think lynching him was the best option because generic townie is the safest role claim out there for a mafia. With no power role to worry about lynching and no ability for someone to counter claim, we had to test, with minimal risk to the group. So, lynching Adalicia is the best option, but only after he claimed.

As I posted about No Lynch (where you are currently calling me out), I started thinking about it, and find I am more open to the argument as it gives information on how someone (like you) is thinking. Getting people to participate through input is important at this point in the game, whether I agree with the argument or not. That being said......

I'm not calling you out. I'm just making my argument. I agree with you that we need more input, but pushing for more input out of me when there are people who are barely posting at all doesn't seem logical.

Here's my thoughts on it. On one hand, we've gotten lucky with the deaths so far, so is it pushing it to lynch someone now with little information, and hope the Night Kill doesn't land on a doc or cop? Or, is it too late in the game to consider the No Lynch option? I'm starting to think No Lynch might be better as a roll of the dice, cause I can't imagine there's a lot more vanilla town roles out there, and I don't want to lynch a town power role. BUT, with less people to choose from, we have a better chance to get mafia. I'm conflicted totally and completely on this, and would like to hear what you and others think on the matter.

What's our percentage of lynching mafia over town? As we lose more town, that percentage increases, so no lynch becomes a less valuable option. The formula for mafia/town is generally 25% mafia, 75% town. So, we would have a 25% chance. We we lose more town, we could have upwards of a 33% or 40% chance. We probably have a better chance today to lynch mafia.

I have work and meetings for a good chunk of the morning. I had this response up for at least 10-15 minutes before I could even finish it.

Chaplain
So It Goes
Premium Member
USA

Chaplain

Premium Member

Well, I'm going to stall the game at this point. I'll post again once I hear a substantial opinion from everyone in the game. Paragraph, more than 2 sentences. If that requirement isn't met, then I'll just lurk and let the game die.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster

Premium Member

For the 100ppp mofos.

Official Vote Count
Players needed to lynch: 5

Kristopher - 1 - Meningitis (L-4)
Brom - 1 - Dezbend (L-4)
Jobbie - 1 - Krisnatharok (L-4)
Dezbend - 1 - Kristopher (L-4)
Blockfire - 1 - Jobbie (L-4)

Players not voting: Archivis, Blockfire, Brom, tmodelt

Chaplain
So It Goes
Premium Member
USA

Chaplain to ekster

Premium Member

to ekster
Unvote

See y'all next week, since I doubt there will be any input.

Dezbend
MVM

Dezbend to Chaplain

MVM

to Chaplain
have I met your requirement today?

I have no information to add.

I am not the missing mason.

I have no real suspects, so I read over day two, and some wording jumped out at me, I made a vote... upon reflection, it isn't that strong, but I am leaving the vote none-the-less with nothing better to go on.

You are probably my top suspect on a purely gut level, but I always seem to be wrong, so I am not listening to my gut, I am trying to find something more tangible to base votes on.

the vote count indicates we are floundering this game, no one has any real direction... which is probably why i am blaming you, as the self-appointed defacto leader, you must be to blame?

Dunga Bee
Put A Little Butter On It
join:2004-07-26
USA

Dunga Bee to Chaplain

to Chaplain
/peanut gallery
I have been lurking and watching the last few of these games, good and interesting stuff btw. Hopefully commenting as a non-player is OK.
I am just wondering if this isn't the way the game is more or less supposed to be played? Other than some non-activity from some players, which I can see slows/hurts the game. Isn't the mafia doing a good job of subterfuge if people are frustrated by lack of suspects/knowledge? Perhaps even the mafia is feigning annoyance about lack of info as further means to throw off the town?

Just curious as I figure out how the game is played.

Thanks for the interlude.
/peanut gallery

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie to Dezbend

Premium Member

to Dezbend
We have a lack of information and partially I blame to some people not participating at all or just plain going underground afraid of being spotted or just throwing votes for no reason and no providing any real way to tell who is what in this game.

Should we be going for inactives at least to put some pressure in? If we do another wrong lynch we are going to be at LoL in no time with no real info to go with. I don't believe on NoLynch because that is really the nature of the game but people not willing to post makes it hard to play.

Dezbend
MVM

Dezbend to ekster

MVM

to ekster
assuming the 1/4th rule: we have 3 mafia and 6 town (I have no evidence of a third party but maybe one there)...

if we miss-lynch and they get a successful night kill then we are at 3 mafia 4 town - - - lynch or lose.

if we no lynch and they get a successful night kill then we are at 3 mafia 5 town - - - still lynch or lose, but with worse odds of a correct lynch (but we could no lynch one more time!)

I think we have to take the chance today. that is just how I see it. I think the no lynch thing is mafia FUD/crap.

FOS: Arch & Kris & anyone else who kept the no lynch idea alive after day one.
Dezbend

Dezbend

MVM

you know what, I am going to do it...

vote: kristopher

re: advocating or at least entertaining the no lynch platform

kris over arch in my book because of my gut feeling from the start.

Chaplain
So It Goes
Premium Member
USA

Chaplain to Dunga Bee

Premium Member

to Dunga Bee
Yes, this game is a perfect example of how it's supposed to be played. It's not simplistic as the C9 or F11, as it has a wider variety of roles, but I'd call it an even draw so far between mafia and town, even though town lost 3 players so far. I recommend maybe signing up for one or both of the games set to roll out after this one. It's fun, and doesn't take a lot of time or input, so it can be played during the day for most people.

Also check out the FAQ on the forum page for game info.

@Jobbie and Dez: Thanks for your input. You know I can't shut up, so I'm posting again. I agree now, seeing Dez's LoL scenarios, that No Lynch is not an option today. But, we have no info to lynch. My suggestion is to start voting down an inactive. Don't take them past L-2, and force them to talk.

Vote: Brom

So he can provide more info. We'll go down the line until we get input from everyone, then we form consensus.

If there are three mafia, it will be more difficult to lynch one of them today. Keep that in mind when we start pushing towards a lynch. If there is argument against it, most likely we have a mafia. Many feints and ploys must be employed at this point in order to trick mafia into revealing themselves by showing defense of one another.
Chaplain

Chaplain to Dezbend

Premium Member

to Dezbend
I'm participating. Why don't we push on those who are not.

FoS Dez and Men for both voting for the active player.

Dezbend
MVM

Dezbend

MVM

Do we have any meta-gaming rules that say there is a correlation between affiliation and participation?

I don't think there is, but correct me if I am wrong.

I thought we went through a phase of voting off inactives, and mafia won the majority of those games because getting the mafia PM tends to make someone more invested in the game than getting the generic towny PM.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie to Chaplain

Premium Member

to Chaplain
I can agree with this, we should look at Block and KrisN after:
Vote Brom

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

said by Jobbie:

Vote Brom

Way to lay out your game-plan, broski.

Mafia could kill you tonight and give town two suspects to go after tomorrow.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

said by Krisnatharok:

said by Jobbie:

Vote Brom

Way to lay out your game-plan, broski.

Mafia could kill you tonight and give town two suspects to go after tomorrow.

All of you inactives are pushing the town to do this since we have no other way to go.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus to Chaplain

Premium Member

to Chaplain
said by Chaplain:

Unvote

See y'all next week, since I doubt there will be any input.

Someone just took their ball and went home.

Chaplain
So It Goes
Premium Member
USA

Chaplain to Dezbend

Premium Member

to Dezbend
But your push on me is weak. It's for considering no lynch and asking people's opinions on it. From where I sit, that makes you more of a candidate for lynching than myself, considering you are using it as a reason.

You know what, fuck it. Tomorrow is lynch or lose, so I'm claiming.

I'm the town doc. I recommend the cop claim now and give investigation results from the past few nights. They can't kill us both (unless they have a vig, in which case we're fucked), but I'm hoping the cop is who I think it is and they post results asap. That'll narrow things down, even if I'm shot right now, considering it'll prove my role claim.

Brom
Premium Member
join:2010-10-26
Pittsburgh, PA

Brom to Chaplain

Premium Member

to Chaplain
I don't really have any info to give. I agree that no lynching is not a good option today. I'm willing to claim if need be. I believe the only thing you have on me is my defense of Protus, which was legitimate and based on a past game where something he innocently said was used against him as well when he was town.

Dezbend
MVM

Dezbend to Chaplain

MVM

to Chaplain
unvote

Chaplain
So It Goes
Premium Member
USA

Chaplain to Brom

Premium Member

to Brom
It's LoL, so it's time to claim.
Chaplain

Chaplain

Premium Member

LoL tomorrow, I mean.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to Jobbie

Premium Member

to Jobbie
I have no idea if I can clear myself by proving day/night ends while I was in training for the past two days, but what you just did is no excuse to give mafia an easy way to get rid of at least two people, unless you are mafia.

FOS JOBBIE

Brom
Premium Member
join:2010-10-26
Pittsburgh, PA

Brom to Chaplain

Premium Member

to Chaplain
I'm the town roleblocker. I blocked tmodelt on mild suspicion Night 1 and I blocked Jobbie night 2 because I thought his tag along vote on Protus was a bit shady.