Dont forget

to spring forward.

backfeed
is giving feedback
join:2002-12-16
Peru, IN

3 recommendations

backfeed

I wish we would just give up this DST stuff, and leave the clocks alone. I still do not see what good this does except to make it still light at my bed time in the summer.

miataman
I've attained a PHD in DVR.
Premium Member
join:2010-10-27
Chelmsford, MA

1 recommendation

miataman

Premium Member

said by backfeed:

I wish we would just give up this DST stuff, and leave the clocks alone. I still do not see what good this does except to make it still light at my bed time in the summer.

Well given that you're from Indiana, I can understand. No state has butchered the process as much as Indiana.

lighthouseJ
cheers
join:2005-05-02
Golden, CO

lighthouseJ to Duramax08

to Duramax08
Thank you kind sir!

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5 to backfeed

Premium Member

to backfeed
said by backfeed:

I wish we would just give up this DST stuff, and leave the clocks alone.

I guess it depends on your lifestyle. I'm retired, get up late and like light at the end of the day to golf, ride a bike, go for a walk after dinner, sit on the deck in the late sun.

But if you have to get kids out to school early in the morning and it is still dark in early spring and late fall, DST not as good a deal.

pnh102
Reptiles Are Cuddly And Pretty
Premium Member
join:2002-05-02
Mount Airy, MD

pnh102

Premium Member

said by FFH5:

But if you have to get kids out to school early in the morning and it is still dark in early spring and late fall, DST not as good a deal.

I never understood this. Why don't schools simply change their schedules to work around DST instead of complaining about how dark it is?

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5

Premium Member

said by pnh102:

said by FFH5:

I never understood this. Why don't schools simply change their schedules to work around DST instead of complaining about how dark it is?

Teachers unions; school bus drivers; parents who have to get to work at a certain time and don't want later school starts; etc.

pcdebb
birdbrain
Premium Member
join:2000-12-03
Brandon, FL

1 recommendation

pcdebb to Duramax08

Premium Member

to Duramax08
i walked in the bathroom at 1:58am. I walked out at 3:03am. It took me an hour and 5 minutes to pee

pnh102
Reptiles Are Cuddly And Pretty
Premium Member
join:2002-05-02
Mount Airy, MD

pnh102 to FFH5

Premium Member

to FFH5
said by FFH5:

Teachers unions; school bus drivers; parents who have to get to work at a certain time and don't want later school starts; etc.

Still seems dumb to me. Every parent already has to work around their kid's schedule in one way or another so changing start times won't change that. I just think it is silly how school districts make this out to be some intractable, unsolvable problem when it really isn't.
Kommie2 (banned)
join:2003-05-13
united state

Kommie2 (banned) to Duramax08

to Duramax08
Leave it at DST just like Russia did last year.

backfeed
is giving feedback
join:2002-12-16
Peru, IN

backfeed to pcdebb

to pcdebb
said by pcdebb:

i walked in the bathroom at 1:58am. I walked out at 3:03am. It took me an hour and 5 minutes to pee

Hope you are not dehydrated.....
fiberguy2
My views are my own.
Premium Member
join:2005-05-20

fiberguy2 to backfeed

Premium Member

to backfeed
said by backfeed:

Have you traveled much? .... if so you'd understand a little why this happens. While the sunlight bracket may work in your area, there are some locations, such as Minnesota, where they don't want school children walking to school, or to the bus, when it's still dark at 9am in the morning. Likewise, some of us don't like to have sunlight at 4am either. The further north you are and the closer you are to or away from the time zone line, your daylight is drastically affected on either side.

While some morons will claim that it's for energy savings, there really are other areas of life that it does impact.