to spring forward.

backfeed
is giving feedback

join:2002-12-16
Peru, IN
Reviews:
·Comcast

3 recommendations

I wish we would just give up this DST stuff, and leave the clocks alone. I still do not see what good this does except to make it still light at my bed time in the summer.

--
There are 10 types of people. Those who can read Binary and those who cannot.

miataman

join:2010-10-27
Chelmsford, MA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

1 recommendation

said by backfeed:

I wish we would just give up this DST stuff, and leave the clocks alone. I still do not see what good this does except to make it still light at my bed time in the summer.

Well given that you're from Indiana, I can understand. No state has butchered the process as much as Indiana.
--
"My hat, my cane, Jeeves".

squirrel83
cheers

join:2005-05-02
Honolulu, HI
reply to Duramax08

Thank you kind sir!

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
reply to backfeed

said by backfeed:

I wish we would just give up this DST stuff, and leave the clocks alone.

I guess it depends on your lifestyle. I'm retired, get up late and like light at the end of the day to golf, ride a bike, go for a walk after dinner, sit on the deck in the late sun.

But if you have to get kids out to school early in the morning and it is still dark in early spring and late fall, DST not as good a deal.
--
The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, I'm from the government and I'm here to help.
»www.politico.com/2012-election/

pnh102
Reptiles Are Cuddly And Pretty
Premium
join:2002-05-02
Mount Airy, MD

said by FFH:

But if you have to get kids out to school early in the morning and it is still dark in early spring and late fall, DST not as good a deal.

I never understood this. Why don't schools simply change their schedules to work around DST instead of complaining about how dark it is?
--
"Net Neutrality" zealots - the people you can thank for your capped Internet service.

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

said by pnh102:

said by FFH:

I never understood this. Why don't schools simply change their schedules to work around DST instead of complaining about how dark it is?

Teachers unions; school bus drivers; parents who have to get to work at a certain time and don't want later school starts; etc.
--
The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, I'm from the government and I'm here to help.
»www.politico.com/2012-election/

pcdebb
RIP lil hurricane
Premium
join:2000-12-03
Brandon, FL

1 recommendation

reply to Duramax08

i walked in the bathroom at 1:58am. I walked out at 3:03am. It took me an hour and 5 minutes to pee
--
| map your city |

pnh102
Reptiles Are Cuddly And Pretty
Premium
join:2002-05-02
Mount Airy, MD
reply to FFH

said by FFH:

Teachers unions; school bus drivers; parents who have to get to work at a certain time and don't want later school starts; etc.

Still seems dumb to me. Every parent already has to work around their kid's schedule in one way or another so changing start times won't change that. I just think it is silly how school districts make this out to be some intractable, unsolvable problem when it really isn't.
--
"Net Neutrality" zealots - the people you can thank for your capped Internet service.

Kommie
Premium
join:2003-05-13
united state
kudos:3
reply to Duramax08

Leave it at DST just like Russia did last year.

backfeed
is giving feedback

join:2002-12-16
Peru, IN
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to pcdebb

said by pcdebb:

i walked in the bathroom at 1:58am. I walked out at 3:03am. It took me an hour and 5 minutes to pee

Hope you are not dehydrated.....

--
There are 10 types of people. Those who can read Binary and those who cannot.

fiberguy
My views are my own.
Premium
join:2005-05-20
kudos:3
reply to backfeed

said by backfeed:

Have you traveled much? .... if so you'd understand a little why this happens. While the sunlight bracket may work in your area, there are some locations, such as Minnesota, where they don't want school children walking to school, or to the bus, when it's still dark at 9am in the morning. Likewise, some of us don't like to have sunlight at 4am either. The further north you are and the closer you are to or away from the time zone line, your daylight is drastically affected on either side.

While some morons will claim that it's for energy savings, there really are other areas of life that it does impact.