Fair and Balanced
Premium Member
join:2001-11-14
Katy, TX

r81984 to openbox9

Premium Member

to openbox9

Re: Confused customers

4G to a lay person means up to 100 Mbit/s for moble devices and up to 1 Gbit/s for stationary devices.
To an expert it means even more than that.

Now to the vulnerable americans it means whatever a company tells them through a tv commercial.

Apple is calling 3G services 4G now that they see no one is losing any false advertisement lawsuits for lying to consumers. Companies say they are 4G but are not actually offering 4G speeds.
openbox9
Premium Member
join:2004-01-26

openbox9

Premium Member

said by r81984:

4G to a lay person means up to 100 Mbit/s for moble devices and up to 1 Gbit/s for stationary devices.

I call BS on that suggestion. Please point me to a layperson (e.g. basic iPhone user) that knows about some obscure, now irrelevant from a marketing point of view, technical specification. For that matter, show me one of these people that understands what 3G or even 2G means.

AuraReturn
Premium Member
join:2003-08-18
USA

AuraReturn to r81984

Premium Member

to r81984
said by r81984:

To an expert it means even more than that.

Now to the vulnerable americans it means whatever a company tells them through a tv commercial.

Apple is calling 3G services 4G now that they see no one is losing any false advertisement lawsuits for lying to consumers. Companies say they are 4G but are not actually offering 4G speeds.

1 Gbits huh?

Max your data cap in less than 1 minute. How much fun would that be?
« Logo only on AT&T
This is a sub-selection from Confused customers