uniqs
share rss forum feed
« so.Confused customers »
This is a sub-selection from Logo only on AT&T

SHoTTa35

@optonline.net
reply to koolman2

Re: Logo only on AT&T

I'll be a nerd and say, Technically the iPhone 4S has a HSPA radio, 14.4Mbps not HSPA+ 21Mbps. The ITU relaxed the rules and said anything that's 14.4 and up is 4G so that's why they can do it on the iPhone 4S but not the 4 as that's a HSDPA (+HSUPA) device.

Apple should have done it on all iPhone 4S devices but I agree that they shouldn't have bent to AT&T in the first place. Call it what it is, Android (stock) puts a H there or H+ to signal HSPA+ rather than "4G" then it falls back to 3G when idle. That, IMO is how it's supposed to be done. Leave 4G for LTE devices as that is a definitely different generation being a completely new network and all that.

deepen03

join:2010-08-15
Sayreville, NJ
agreed. this is def. a load of crap by AT&T! Apple should know better than to stoop down to their level! but then again.. Apple can say it's "MAGICAL" and the iSheep will fall for it!

koolman2
Premium
join:2002-10-01
Anchorage, AK
reply to SHoTTa35
14 Mbps HSPA is part of the HSPA+ standard, but that's not the point. Both my carrier's network and AT&T's network where I live are HSPA+ 21 Mbps, and on my phone it says 3G. If I pop an AT&T SIM in, it says 4G.