toro

join:2006-01-27
Scarborough, ON
kudos:7
Reviews:
·Rogers Hi-Speed
·Bell Sympatico

1 edit

Anyone using the VDV21 adapter (aka V-Portal)?

Is anyone here a current customer of Vonage and using the VDV21 adapter ?
Could you please check and tell me the current firmware version of your adapter (can be done from the LCD screen under System -> Device Info) ?
--
Providers: voip.ms, freephoneline, smartcall.ro through asterisk. Hardware: Vonage VDV21, Moto VT2x42, Linksys SPA series, Grandstream HT series, Panasonic KX-TGP5x0
»www.voipfan.net

NetFixer
Freedom is NOT Free
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage
said by toro:

Could you please check and tell me the current firmware version of your adapter (can be done from the LCD screen under System -> Device Info) ?

I don't use that particular adapter, but Vonage is usually quite good at pushing the current firmware to all adapters automatically. You should be able to call Vonage support and verify the current firmware version for that adapter.

I have in the past had adapters that would repeatedly try to automatically upgrade their firmware, but would consistently fail. In those cases, a call to Vonage support to request a manual firmware push has worked for me. A tier one CSR can't do it, but in the past, I have not had any problems with placing the request and having that request bumped to tier two support who would do a manual push in order to get my adapter running the current firmware. I have also been able to get a firmware downgrade when a new firmware seemed to be causing problems.

I may often complain about Vonage's business practices, but their actual phone service (and once you get past the tier one script readers) their tech support has always worked well for me (I am assuming that you asked this question because you are having a problem, and it is not just idle curiosity).
--
We can never have enough of nature.
We need to witness our own limits transgressed, and some life pasturing freely where we never wander.

toro

Scarborough, ON
Thanks, but I am not a Vonage customer. Just trying to find out what is their newest firmware for that adapter model.

NetFixer
Freedom is NOT Free
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage
said by toro:

Thanks, but I am not a Vonage customer. Just trying to find out what is their newest firmware for that adapter model.

My experience with other Vonage adapters is that if you connect them to the internet, the adapter will make a connection to the Vonage server, and if a newer firmware version is available, it will be automatically installed. This happens whether that adapter is registered to a Vonage account or not. It may not happen as soon as the connection is made, but it should happen.

Of course the above scenario assumes that the device still has unaltered Vonage firmware, and a Vonage config loaded. If you have found a way to modify your adapter to work with some other VoIP service, than none of that will happen.
--
We can never have enough of nature.
We need to witness our own limits transgressed, and some life pasturing freely where we never wander.

toro

Scarborough, ON
That used to be the case in the past but it's no longer correct. Nowethey get updated only if they are under an active account.

efrem

join:2002-04-03
Westport, CT
reply to toro
said by toro:

Mine shows 3.2.9_0.6.1

minimeme

@charter.com
fwiw,
i have a vd-22 and this is my info

Your Vonage Phone Adapter is a dual line voice adapter with single port router.
Device Description:1 port residential gatewayHardware Version:115Software Version:3.2.9-0.6.1

treichhart

join:2006-12-12
reply to toro
mine is showing: Software Version: 3.2.9-0.6.1

toro

Scarborough, ON
reply to toro
Thanks everyone.

treichhart

reply to toro
May I ask why you need this for?

toro

Scarborough, ON
For testing an unlocking procedure on the all available firmware versions.

treichhart

reply to toro
toro tell me how you plan on doing this?