uniqs

Santa Fe
BUT.....I Digress!

join:2000-08-22
Freight Yard

Santa Fe to AMDUSER

to AMDUSER

Re: [Rant] Acer piece of junk...

Had a problem like that, Tried reinstalling Windows 7 to get rid of a nasty rootkit, in fact I tried to do it 3 times & it died near the end 3 times. Finally decided to just reformat & install Ubuntu 10.04. It installed fine, drive looked ok, so I reformatted and tried reinstalling Windows 7 again, this time no problems. Go figure?
intok (banned)
join:2012-03-15

intok (banned)

said by Santa Fe:

Had a problem like that, Tried reinstalling Windows 7 to get rid of a nasty rootkit, in fact I tried to do it 3 times & it died near the end 3 times. Finally decided to just reformat & install Ubuntu 10.04. It installed fine, drive looked ok, so I reformatted and tried reinstalling Windows 7 again, this time no problems. Go figure?

So why not stick with Linux and reduce your risk of being pwnt by 99%?

Santa Fe
BUT.....I Digress!

join:2000-08-22
Freight Yard

Santa Fe

I did go back to Xubuntu 10.10. Just wanted to see if formatting with Linux would fix the problem.
intok (banned)
join:2012-03-15

intok (banned)

said by Santa Fe:

I did go back to Xubuntu 10.10. Just wanted to see if formatting with Linux would fix the problem.

Eh, I tried Ubuntu Studio 11.10 which is now using XFCE and ended up upgrading to Linux Mint 12 for Mate and Cinnamon. It's based on Ubuntu so yes, it was an actual upgrade lol. All the Ubuntu 3rd party repos and PPAs work fine with it etc.