All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
human193
join:2012-03-10

human193

High pings all the time...

I live in Caldwell Idaho and used to get great pings when I first got my 50 Mb/s internet but lately I cant play any games because all my pings are VERY high

just to boise... any help would be appreciated. I have called CableOne support so many times and every time they tell me everything is fine and they have nothing to do with pings

Pashune
Caps stifle innovation
Premium Member
join:2006-04-14
Gautier, MS

Pashune

Premium Member

Are you getting high latency anywhere else at all?

areoh
join:2001-11-10
Kansas City, MO

areoh to human193

to human193
What do you get on the official CableOne speed test?
John Patrick
join:2001-06-07
Sioux City, IA
·Sparklight

John Patrick to human193

to human193
Some things you can check first would be disable all security programs and firewalls, retest and see if its better. If not next remove any router your using and connect directly to a computer retest again. If the above fails keep calling but complain of slow connection only never bring up ping or the techs won't help. See if you can get a line tech out to test the line from the pole to the house.

parsons11
@cableone.net

parsons11 to human193

Anon

to human193
Click for full size
Same thing here in Parsons, Ks. I have bee a network Engineer 20 years and it is their backbone in my case. Note the private IP addresses OUTSIDE my cable modem.

t0ny
@cableone.net

t0ny to human193

Anon

to human193
I live in Caldwell too and I've been having bad pings randomly for the last few weeks. No TF2 for me tonight.

100 packets transmitted, 100 packets received, 0.0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 60.329/86.998/241.331/27.222 ms