pnh102
Reptiles Are Cuddly And Pretty
Premium
join:2002-05-02
Mount Airy, MD
reply to FFH5

Re: Dont forget

said by FFH5:

But if you have to get kids out to school early in the morning and it is still dark in early spring and late fall, DST not as good a deal.

I never understood this. Why don't schools simply change their schedules to work around DST instead of complaining about how dark it is?
--
"Net Neutrality" zealots - the people you can thank for your capped Internet service.

FFH5
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
said by pnh102:

said by FFH5:

But if you have to get kids out to school early in the morning and it is still dark in early spring and late fall, DST not as good a deal.

I never understood this. Why don't schools simply change their schedules to work around DST instead of complaining about how dark it is?

Teachers unions; school bus drivers; parents who have to get to work at a certain time and don't want later school starts; etc.
--
The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, I'm from the government and I'm here to help.
»www.politico.com/2012-election/

pnh102
Reptiles Are Cuddly And Pretty
Premium
join:2002-05-02
Mount Airy, MD
said by FFH5:

Teachers unions; school bus drivers; parents who have to get to work at a certain time and don't want later school starts; etc.

Still seems dumb to me. Every parent already has to work around their kid's schedule in one way or another so changing start times won't change that. I just think it is silly how school districts make this out to be some intractable, unsolvable problem when it really isn't.
--
"Net Neutrality" zealots - the people you can thank for your capped Internet service.