North Tonawanda, NY
·Charter
Ubee EU2251
Ubiquiti UAP-IW-HD
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-AC-HD

Smith6612 to nl37tgt

MVM

to nl37tgt

Re: [Internet] For anyone seeing speed issues...

I was about to say. Based on your sync rates you must have been in one of the older Epix Service areas. Guess the traceroute confirmed that!

When Frontier does perform upgrades, if they even do hassle them for a speed upgrade as well. You're nice and close to the DSLAM
nl37tgt
join:2009-03-02
Bangor, PA

nl37tgt

yeah, old epix/commonwealth telco/jack flash customer. i never had any troubles with epix dsl until frontier came in and a bunch of new houses went up.

unfortunately, frontier is the only isp in the area, unless i go with 1-way cable from service electric catv which would require another phone line.

i probably will be pushing them to increase my up/down speeds when they get around to adding more bandwidth to the area. supposedly, these upgrades are scheduled, but no one can give me a timeline as to when they will go into effect.

the road techs that service my area (who know me pretty well by now lol) have told me i'm very close to the DSLAM, have been over all of the wiring multiple times, and have probably given me a dozen new modems over the years. the last one that was here finally said that they oversold the area. i've been telling them that the whole time.