share rss forum feed

wylek

join:2009-10-13
Louisville, KY
Reviews:
·voip.ms

1 edit

[Need Info] Evening/Weekend Appointment Fee-Louisville, KY

I was told by a CSR this morning that Insight now charges a fee of $20 for evening/weekend appointments. She advised me that they started this about 6-7 months ago.

So, it was going to cost $25.00 (transfer fee) + $20.00 appointment fee to transfer internet service. $45.00 to have someone show up and "install" my internet service unless I schedule it before 4pm on a weekday... that whole internet "installation" thing is ridiculous in itself when the house is already wired and all they need to do is reassign a MAC address in the system, but that's another, separate complaint with which I've learned to live.

Anyone else encountered this fee?

OSUGoose

join:2007-12-27
Columbus, OH

Re: Evening/Weekend Appointment Fee

Nope, what is their definition of "evening" as i've had 3-5 apts w/o any fee. And for that $20 bucks you better be getting a in house employee not a cheep ass contractor, though I'm willing to bet it will be a contractor.

wylek

join:2009-10-13
Louisville, KY
Reviews:
·voip.ms
The "preferred timeslot" fee applies to installation appointments scheduled on weekends, and any weekday starting at 5pm. I had a rep today sharply answer yes to "Do you also charge this fee to new customers?"

I opted to schedule a midday appointment and take a long lunch break. I won't hold my breath that the contractor they send out makes his 2-hour appointment window.

I was even willing to take up U-verse 6.0 dsl in my frustration with Insight, but AT&T has their gateways on a 2-week backorder!