dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
« Why doesn't appleIt's the revenue »
This is a sub-selection from Innovative?
25139889 (banned)
join:2011-10-25
Toledo, OH

25139889 (banned) to aaronwt

to aaronwt

Re: Innovative?

because PayPal is worthless and crap. Ever deal with PayPal customer service? Besides on filing a buyer complaint?

Have a read:

»www.google.com/webhp?sou ··· &bih=685

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall

MVM

said by 25139889:

because PayPal is worthless and crap. Ever deal with PayPal customer service? Besides on filing a buyer complaint?

Have a read:

»www.google.com/webhp?sou ··· &bih=685

Nothing wrong with Paypal. Whats wrong are the people who don't ship items that they sell or people who don't want items that they bought. Dishonest dealings are a lot of what is wrong with the buy/sell systems like ebay, not Paypal.
elray
join:2000-12-16
Santa Monica, CA

elray

said by Nightfall:

Nothing wrong with Paypal. Whats wrong are the people who don't ship items that they sell or people who don't want items that they bought. Dishonest dealings are a lot of what is wrong with the buy/sell systems like ebay, not Paypal.

While there is everything wrong with Paypal, the reason I excluded them is that they, and their parent company, are not, in any way, innovative.
TheGuvnor9
join:2006-06-23
Beverly Hills, CA

TheGuvnor9

Apple and Paypal/Ebay not innovative?? What have you been smoking down in Santa Monica??
elray
join:2000-12-16
Santa Monica, CA

elray

What is innovative about a tablet computer?
A cellphone with an MP3 player?
Streaming video?
Digital music sales?
Online auctions?
Online retail?
Pretending to be a bank and credit card processor?

iTunes gets partial credit for innovation - where Jobs was able to bring together five major record labels and get them to agree to sell their product - covering 90% of what the public wants, in one place. But that was 10 years ago.

Apple gets minor credit for pushing screen resolution / dpi density past today's norms. Unfortunately, we aren't yet seeing that they learned from the iPhone network issues. QXGA or 2K video is going to have to come with bandwidth guarantees - they won't be able to blame the carrier, MSO, or ISP.
TheGuvnor9
join:2006-06-23
Beverly Hills, CA

TheGuvnor9

Oh I see, you are merely referring to the here and now!! All Apple releases have to qualify for an innovative award by elray, correct?

I am no Apple fanboy but I will dole out credit where credit is due. I think you are having trouble discerning the difference between originality, invention and innovation. You don't have to be original to come up with a tablet computer. Seamless integration with the appstore and the ability to download thousands of apps overnight equals innovation my friend. Further integration with iCloud has improved the functionality of iTunes. Sure, Microsoft windows 7 has been doing this for a while, but it still adds innovation to the iTunes network.

Look up the definition of the word and you might understand why the majority of Apple's products are innovative. Also, features on new releases are just that, features and they don't count for innovation.

Apple has become a 100b dollar company because of their innovative products, tight supplier control, and aggressive pricing.
« Why doesn't appleIt's the revenue »
This is a sub-selection from Innovative?