Search similar:

uniqs

R4M0N
Brazilian Soccer Ownz Joo
join:2000-10-04
Glen Allen, VA

2 recommendations

R4M0N

It's not insulting if they get government assistance though?

So the company provides the hotspots and all proceeds of the sale of hotspot-time goes to the homeless person. And you people are calling it exploitation?

Would you rather they live the rest of their lives on government-backed shelters? What better way to spark someone's entrepreneurial spirit than to hand them a ready-made product and letting them sell it and keep all the profit even if they had to become walking billboards (which is not even the case here)?

Government welfare slavery (we keep you dependent and you keep us in power) is OK but let a company use homeless people in a way that actually benefits the homeless and all of a sudden it's "demeaning", "shallow", and "exploitation"...

mmay149q
Premium Member
join:2009-03-05
Dallas, TX

mmay149q

Premium Member

I agree, but it's mainly on the basis that I hate them coming up to me asking me for 32 cents for a bus ticket, because their mom died, or whatever else happened, now it won't be so bad when they are coming up to me asking for $X to connect to them and use the internet for a few brief minutes, or whatever.

Matt

AuraReturn
Premium Member
join:2003-08-18
USA

AuraReturn to R4M0N

Premium Member

to R4M0N
said by R4M0N:

So the company provides the hotspots and all proceeds of the sale of hotspot-time goes to the homeless person. And you people are calling it exploitation?

Would you rather they live the rest of their lives on government-backed shelters? What better way to spark someone's entrepreneurial spirit than to hand them a ready-made product and letting them sell it and keep all the profit even if they had to become walking billboards (which is not even the case here)?

Government welfare slavery (we keep you dependent and you keep us in power) is OK but let a company use homeless people in a way that actually benefits the homeless and all of a sudden it's "demeaning", "shallow", and "exploitation"...

Agreed.

Also, the original post said the marketing didn't work. It clearly did. It's all over the news.

petemitchell
@sbcglobal.net

petemitchell

Anon

The fact that you have a Kristin Kreuk avatar disqualifies you from participating in any discussion.