uniqs

Just_Dan
Premium Member
join:2011-03-24
Denver, CO

Just_Dan to gene32

Premium Member

to gene32

Re: Wow Internet Connection Dropping for 30 seconds to 2 min ??

said by gene32:

said by srty:

Wow I thought I was alone. I'm also in Troy, MI, and I'll be playing an online game. Suddenly, the connection will drop, for roughly 30 seconds. It drives me nuts. At least for me, this problem began in the last 2 weeks.

I play a lot of Tribes Ascend (several hours a night, 2 or 3 times a week) and never had problems with the game disconnecting, only with web surfing pausing for 30-60 seconds. WOW_Dan, I don't live in Michigan but do you still want my account info?

That was directed at jjanarth6 and srty. I have your account info already Gene. That doesn't really sound like a problem on our end, but maybe something internal. Do you experience that issue on multiple computers (that is if you have multiple computers)?
jjanarth6
join:2003-07-04
Tucson, AZ

jjanarth6

Dan

I have sent my account details. I do not do much web browsing so if this happens a lot I am not noticing, how ever when I am doing a Skype Call, RDP connection or GoToMeeting presentations I will see this drop, the network will disconnect for for about 30 seconds , a complete disconnect with not traffic on any ports then it will be back.

I am directly connected to the modem through a switch. I have played around with few switches but still the same issue.

Jay
ajz8
join:2012-03-22
Birmingham, MI

ajz8 to Just_Dan

to Just_Dan
Dan - I'm around the corner from the users in Troy. Am in Birmingham and having exact same issues. Frustrating. Any updates to the problem?