how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

aa_aa

join:2006-11-15
Victoria, BC

[BC] Upload speeds

Has anyone heard word of or rumors of increased upload speeds any time in the near future. To me it does not matter whether it be for residential high speed or for small business. It sure would be nice to get at least 5 Mbps upload.

mmb999

@telus.net
I'm looking too!

It was suggested by Shaw posts to look at Shaw Business for good upload performance (5 Mbps).

Telus posts had nothing to offer beyond current 3 Mbps (if available) and no one knew of any upcoming plans.

aa_aa

Victoria, BC
Reviews:
·TELUS
said by mmb999 :

I'm looking too!

It was suggested by Shaw posts to look at Shaw Business for good upload performance (5 Mbps).

For reasons I won't get into I swore I would never allow any Shaw product in my house again. I really hope Telus steps it up soon.

BB250

@shawcable.net
reply to aa_aa
Not likely!!

Loving my 15mbps upload with Shaw

pb2k

join:2005-05-30
Calgary, AB
kudos:1
Reviews:
·TELUS
reply to aa_aa
A business i do work for in edmonton phoned in last week to get a static IP and got offered an upgraded to 25/5. Other than me having to give up my spare ALU modem, it's fantastic!

I'm not sure how long it's been available for, but when I checked, it wasn't listed on the telus website.

Edit: it's there now
»telus.com/en_CA/content/business···ect.html

TheMG
Premium
join:2007-09-04
Canada
kudos:3
Reviews:
·NorthWest Tel
said by pb2k:

I'm not sure how long it's been available for, but when I checked, it wasn't listed on the telus website.

Hmmmm, interesting.

Does that come with a firmware-crippled Actiontec? Or a bridge modem? Seeing as many businesses would have a need for using their own router, I'd be pretty surprised if they didn't offer a bridgeable modem. Then again, it's Telus, expect anything.

Business service available to residential addresses?

aa_aa

Victoria, BC
Reviews:
·TELUS

2 edits
reply to pb2k
said by pb2k:

Very interesting indeed. Maybe someone like JammerMan79 could let me know if it is available to me in Victoria.

said by TheMG:

Business service available to residential addresses?

I currently have the server 15/1 business package in my home. On a business line of course....

TheMG
Premium
join:2007-09-04
Canada
kudos:3
Reviews:
·NorthWest Tel
said by aa_aa:

I currently have the server 15/1 business package in my home. On a business line of course....

What decides whether it is a business line or not?

Does this mean you MUST also have phone service?

aa_aa

Victoria, BC
Reviews:
·TELUS
said by TheMG:

What decides whether it is a business line or not?

Does this mean you MUST also have phone service?

Business line charge rate is different than residential.
No idea if you can have a dry dsl business connection, but I like the question.

Symtex

join:2005-04-06
Burnaby, BC
kudos:21
reply to pb2k
said by pb2k:

A business i do work for in edmonton phoned in last week to get a static IP and got offered an upgraded to 25/5. Other than me having to give up my spare ALU modem, it's fantastic!

Yep its been available for a while. It just not advertised that much.
--
I may work for, but do not necessarily represent the views and beliefs of TELUS Communications.

TelusUser123

@telus.net
reply to BB250
said by BB250 :

Not likely!!

Loving my 15mbps upload with Shaw

So instead of buying a waterfront summer home on an island, you are sending that money directly to Shaw?

rustydusty

join:2009-09-29
Red Deer, AB
Meh, those are over rated. Plus, don't think the $200/month going towards his internet is going to magically make one financially available to purchase an expense lake front property. They got for 500k and up around here.

aa_aa

Victoria, BC
Reviews:
·TELUS
reply to aa_aa
OK here is what I have learned and this is where I am at.

I called Telus and my location does have the 25/5 profile available.

The bad news for me is that I am apparently under contact until May 17 so the earliest I can switch plans without a penalty is April 18. Telus will call me back on that date and we will get the ball rolling.

The modem that Telus is providing is a ALU 7130.

So close and yet so far.......I can hardly wait.

BB250

@shawcable.net
reply to aa_aa
I pay $110 for BB250 per month.

How beach front property and internet prices are related are beyond me... My monthly truck payment alone would cover 7 250mbs lines, not to worried about $110 for 250/15 service that is rock solid.

Now back to the point of the thread, if you want 5, 10 or 15mbps upload without paying business prices better look at a different provider.

rustydusty

join:2009-09-29
Red Deer, AB
said by BB250 :

I pay $110 for BB250 per month.

How beach front property and internet prices are related are beyond me... My monthly truck payment alone would cover 7 250mbs lines, not to worried about $110 for 250/15 service that is rock solid.

Now back to the point of the thread, if you want 5, 10 or 15mbps upload without paying business prices better look at a different provider.

I'll take my Shaw Business BB50 over your residential. For myself, residential is pointless, all the nessecary ports are blocked, upload speed throttled, plus no static IP's. I may only be 50x5, but I have a better TOS and no limitations.

Business FTW!

BB250

@shawcable.net
reply to aa_aa
Yeah I have multiple bus. accounts for my bus. locations as well, same quality as residential here, rock solid!