Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad to Reefcrazed

Premium Member

to Reefcrazed

Re: [AL] Down again

That is not the level of service you should be received from Mediacom. I see there is a service call scheduled for this afternoon to address this problem.
reefcrazed
join:2012-03-03
Mobile, AL

reefcrazed

I am pretty much a power user, and have been way before even dial-up. If I remember right Mediacom was originally Cablevision ? If so i was one of the first in Mobile to get cable internet, I happily paid the high installation fee at the time. The issue was it would go down almost every Friday around 5pm and sometimes not come back up until Monday morning. I am bringing up the past for a reason. It left a bad taste in my mouth. When I finally switched over to DSL, it was slower but over a 6 year period I cannot recall it ever going out, when it even acted up it was only for maybe 30 minutes. The upstream was slow as hell but reliable.

Since then I have always had the best, before this "business internet" I had residential Mediacom 5/50 and was fairly happy with it. I do not want to have to switch to U-Verse but what option do I have ? I would rather be somewhat slower and not have to leave home to send an email.
reefcrazed

1 edit

reefcrazed to MediacomChad

to MediacomChad
Chad if this is not the level of service I should be receiving, what should I be getting ? And why am I not getting it ?

I am weighing my options here. I would rather just have it work correctly. I have put a lot of time into having my services hosted here in my home instead of hosted outside. I could go with shared hosting, and that may be an option if I cannot get a resolution. It is 1pm now, this was first noticed by me around 7am so that is 6 hours. Time is money and this is now costing me money.

My website is crawling when it even comes up, SMTP incoming and outgoing is almost non-existent. I cannot even remote into my domain, ping to my i.p. is around 80ms from my office at work but there is so much packet loss I cannot get to anything.
reefcrazed

reefcrazed

So 11 hours, it is finally repaired. The guy calls at 5:30pm, shows up and is here an hour. A bad Modem.

He says he has not business modems so I lose my Cisco and get a Scientific Atlanta, but it is working. I never received a promised call from my business rep, who was supposed to call.

I do not feel like a business customer, most business are closed at 5pm and I have never had a mediacom guy come out during the day. I have had them come out as late as 7pm.

The guy was nice enough, and they normally are but this is my breaking point. Two days this month my internet has been down the entire day.