Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

navymaverick

join:2011-07-21
Papillion, NE
kudos:3

[PvP] Multi-boxing

I do not know if there is already a dedicated and up-to-date thread on this. Share with us your experiences, stories, ans defensive and offensive strats.

Phantasee

join:2009-08-27
Hammond, LA
I like multi-boxing blood elves. Carry on.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
reply to navymaverick
the worst thing about facing a 5box of shamans... getting through that sea of totems... /shudder.

navymaverick

Papillion, NE
reply to navymaverick
The one I faced a few years back was right before they developed... (dammit, I should know this as a shammy) that spell where you cast all totems at once. The player however had the keys right so that they all casted different totems but also at one point had all dropped searing totem at once. That really hurt.

I was killed several times by him because I was on awe and kept wanting to get close and watch him at work.

Tirael
BOHICA
Premium
join:2009-03-18
Sacramento, CA
kudos:2
Call of the "insert name".

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
reply to Phantasee
said by Phantasee:

I like multi-boxing blood elves.

BAZINGA!

The0_o

join:2011-06-15
Silver Spring, MD
reply to navymaverick
2005. My first time at a max level BG and we get AV.

2 groups of Multiboxing shamans where camping the road north of Tower Point (the chokepoint).

It was a WOW version of 300.

Gerard Butler:
SHAMANS!!!!! WHAT IS YOUR PROFESSION!!!!?!?!?!

Shamans:
LIGHT-ING, LIGHT-ING, LIGHT-ING!!!!
--
"There is no good. No Evil. No Light. There is only PIE"

drew
Radiant
Premium
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA
kudos:6
You managed to leave the N out three times. Bravo.

Phantasee

Hammond, LA
Lol...

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

Kalimdor
reply to drew
I guess the Shamans were electricians.

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE
reply to navymaverick
multi-boxing is compensating for a lack of skill

Phantasee

Hammond, LA
multi-boxing is compensating for a lack of sex

FIX'D

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
Dodge, NE
probably goes hand in hand ( pun intended)

saillaw
Premium
join:2007-05-08
Dismay
reply to cymraeg
said by cymraeg:

multi-boxing is compensating for a lack of skill

Disagree. It takes some skill to set it up and do it right. The people who can pull it off have skills, maybe not the skills you think they should have but certainly skills.

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
join:2009-05-14
kudos:1
reply to cymraeg
Bazinga.

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
Dodge, NE
reply to saillaw
ok, paying for the accts and having them running at the same time ya multitasking is working, but a single toon played at a higher skill level can do more. imo mb-ing is for griefing randoms because you can, nothing more, which if thats what makes your game fun for you then by all means, but i will never believe that that person has any great amount of skill at their class.
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!
I've lost the bleeps, I've lost the creeps and I've lost the sweeps.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by cymraeg:

... is for griefing randoms because you can, nothing more, which if thats what makes your game fun for you then by all means, but i will never believe that that person has any great amount of skill at their class.

but, but... you've basically described the mindset of every pvper. The only difference is the guy with 5 accounts is willing to spend more money to be a pain in the butt.

as for the skill... there are good multiboxers, and there bad ones... and then there are great ones. The greats, really know their classes... what's more, they have the gift of strategy. They have to plan their moves in advance, and set up their UI(s) accordingly.

I was always impressed by people who multi-boxed different classes...
--
Immergruen (resto/kitty) on Nathrezim Server (US)
Guild leader for Pride and Ego

than/then | to/two/too | A lot (notice the space in there) | you/your/you're

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
Dodge, NE
i will concede that there are a handful of exceptional mbers out there but they would be the exception to the rule, and i would state that the majority of them are just bored and have the money to be dicks.

i have not seen a multi class mber before in game so i cant say my thoughts on that, but i would think that it take a great deal setting up so that each ability is on the same button for all toons
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!
I've lost the bleeps, I've lost the creeps and I've lost the sweeps.

saillaw
Premium
join:2007-05-08
Dismay
reply to navymaverick
The multiboxing I used to do was for fast leveling or for twinking (before BOA's). I don't think I ever tried PVP.

But, I have seen multiboxers in bg's that could hold off twice their number. (I.e. 5 hunters kicking the shit out of 10 real players.) I think the strategy and "skill" involved in that is interesting. You would think that an equal number of real players playing individual toons should be able to easily overtake one player multiboxing, but the good multiboxers can more than handle the challenge.

Part of that is the lack of coordination between the real players, but part of that is skill on the part of the multiboxer.
--
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

Phantasee

Hammond, LA

1 recommendation

reply to navymaverick
The guy that had, like, 32 accounts went full retard IMO.

Phantasee

Hammond, LA
reply to navymaverick

Arthritis

join:2011-10-20
Canada
reply to Immer
Not to highjack the thread but....

Have you ever experienced a raid encounter that was so challenging that you had to spend a lot of time mastering the various intricacies of it to even survive, let even come close to beat it? Im talking multiple, multiple wipe after wipe, frustration, cursing, keyboard smashing, you got to be kidding me folks type this is fucking retarded hard type of challenge?

What is it that keeps you and others coming back to beat this? Its not the epics; its not the achievements. But its that Fuckyeah! moment when everyone is on the same page and executes almost flawlessly together and a raid boss falls for the first time. Its quite a feeling and a very rewarding sense of accomplish.

What if I told you there was an encounter where you could essentially take that same boss, give it a lower health pool but multiply it by 3 or 5….and oh yeah, give it a cognitive thought process that cant be learned, studied or prepared for….
Welcome to Arena.

The mindsets between PvE and PvP are more similar than you think at a higher level, as is the rewarding feeling, pain, frustration and ultimate sense of accomplishment. My mindset in PvP is just as magnanimous as when I was progression raiding, if not more so.

Carl Jung said it best when he said In all chaos there is a cosmos, in all disorder a secret order. I really believe this is the general mindset of higher end PvP and PvE players alike, namely entering that chaos, finding the secret order and excelling.

You cant compare experiences in heroic dungeons and LFR where douche mindsets are plentiful to high end progression raiding conduct which is much more serene in general. Similarly, you cant compare regular BG / low level arena / in realm world pvp douche mindsets to higher end arena / rated BG conduct.

TL/DR: You can approach PvP with the mindset and values of a Buddhist monk and still be quite successful at it and enjoy it.

Were all not dickheads.

Edit: I still can't quote properly

navymaverick

Papillion, NE
reply to Phantasee
said by Phantasee:

The guy that had, like, 32 accounts went full retard IMO.

Mormon Belf?

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
so glad I wasn't sipping my coffee when the page loaded. this tie is brand new.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

Kalimdor
reply to Phantasee
Meet Worldwade...Orc Hunters, Kil'Jaeden.

»/speak/slidesh···LXN0dWZm

My shammy is somewhere in the midst of that mess.
--
Mcbrain, Goblin Shadow Priest, [P A R A G E N E S I S], Kil'Jaeden
Necrotize, Undead Rogue, [P A R A G E N E S I S], Kil'Jaeden
Mcbrain, Orc Enhancement Shaman, [Oblivious], Arthas

Phantasee

Hammond, LA
Wow...

Tirael
BOHICA
Premium
join:2009-03-18
Sacramento, CA
In my BC/Wrath Raiding guild, we had a 5box Shaman. It meant we didn't have to recruit 5 dps and she could (yes, irl woman) could be in the top 10 dps.
--
“Reality doesn't bite, rather our perception of reality bites.” - Anthony J. D'Angelo

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI
kudos:4
reply to drew
said by drew:

You managed to leave the N out three times. Bravo.

I #($&ing love you more and more.

That is exactly what I was thinking as I read that.

drew
Radiant
Premium
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA
kudos:6
I aim to amuse.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI
kudos:4
reply to Tirael
said by Tirael:

It meant we didn't have to recruit 5 dps and she could (yes, irl woman) could be in the top 10 dps.

said by Tirael:

she could (yes, irl woman) be in the top 10 dps.

said by Tirael:

in the top 10 dps.

When you added the DPS of all five shamans together maybe...

Haha...

Inb4sexist.