share rss forum feed

BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium
join:2000-01-13
kudos:3
reply to OmagicQ

Re: [Rant] Prepaid T-mobile airtime pins should be refundable

You paid the store $25, not T-Mobile, remember the stores make money too, and if they gave you $25 in actual cash for this then they would have lost money.

I want you to think about this, they probably got paid around $15 for it, somebody made the physical card too at a price, then shipped them, and then the store made money on the sale. If T-Mobile gave you the $25 they would be down around $10. It doesn't balance out. Just like when you buy a new car it's worth less in resell than when you drove it off the lot, and it's possible to buy them for less than their value in credits. If somebody kept doing this in a cycle it would be free money to them.

You cannot get a refund for your T-Mobile airtime credits either.

Get somebody local to buy it, and sell it for for less than it's value. Get the cash in your hand first, let them apply the code, and when it clears the cash is yours.

Unless there is a sale on airtime cards, I just buy it directly from T-Mobile anyway.
--
I distrust those people who know so well what god wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires- Susan B. Anthony
Yesterday we obeyed kings, and bent out necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to the truth- Kahlil G.