spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

LukeSwalker

join:2012-03-14

1 edit

[AB] Broadband 100 connection problem solved!

So a Shaw tech came over to get my Cisco router fixed as I was only getting about 22 down and .3 up. Yes no typo! Turned out it was fine on all the computers in the house after he took out a redundant splitter But my gaming computer was still exactly 22 down and .3 upload! Very frustrating. So I told him he could leave cause it was my computer's fault and not his concern anymore. I had it fixed in 2 minutes after that. I remembered downloading a all-in-one Nvidia motherboard driver that included a fancy network driver. So i found it and just uninstalled it! Restarted my computer and presto! 86 Download and 5 upload! Beware of the networking drivers!

ravenchilde

join:2011-04-01
kudos:2

said by LukeSwalker:

So a Shaw tech came over to get my Cisco router fixed as I was only getting about 22 down and .3 up. Yes no typo! Turned out it was fine on all the computers in the house after he took out a redundant splitter But my gaming computer was still exactly 22 down and .3 upload! Very frustrating. So I told him he could leave cause it was my computer's fault and not his concern anymore. I had it fixed in 2 minutes after that. I remembered downloading a all-in-one Nvidia motherboard driver that included a fancy network driver. So i found it and just uninstalled it! Restarted my computer and presto! 86 Download and 5 upload! Beware of the networking drivers!

Do you mind tracking down the Nvidia driver, and the make/model of your mobo or chipset? People could probably use that info.

LukeSwalker

join:2012-03-14
reply to LukeSwalker

Well, I suspect it was a failed install of that driver but I'll get you the info when I get home.