Search similar:

uniqs

Zac
Premium Member
join:2001-09-12
Calgary, AB

Zac

Premium Member

[AB] Business Upgrade from 15/1 to 25/5 woes.

I recently tried calling Telus multiple times trying to see availability on upgrading the speed on my Business plan. First time they said it simply was not available in my area, and that nothing could be done. I told him that my area had been upgraded to VDSL last year. He argued that it had nothing to do with it.

I mentioned it wasn't so much the download that was that important, but more the upload, to which he replied, "We can make a ticket to have them adjust your upload on your current plan." ...I told him I was still using an ADSL2+ Modem/Profile. He said that it didn't matter and I could still get 5mbit up, but if they increased my download to 25mbit my connection would be unstable and would cut in and out constantly. I told him that the Technical specifications of ADSL2 wouldn't allow 5mbit up, and that I'd need to be switched to a new modem and over to a VDSL profile. He disagreed, even when I told him again that ADSL2 is not capable of that fast of an upload, he kept arguing.

I ended getting a little frustrated and told him to never mind, and called a different business support number, to which the guy was much more helpful, but said there were certain aspects to my line that makes it not qualify for 25/5. He wouldn't tell me what it was, or why, but said that the kinks may be worked out/line re-qualified within a few months and to try back later.

I'm just curious what sort of things would cause that, I know its fairly new to the business side, but I know my area has the new VDSL equipment as someone else has been upgraded. My residential line seems to qualify for 25/2.5 so I'm just wondering why the second line in the exact same house doesn't.

Would anybody be able help or take a look for me?
Zac

1 edit

Zac

Premium Member

A Telus Tech friend chimed in and checked my lines, I called Telus a third time and now they are seeing what they can do.

For anyone that's curious Support on the phone said the price difference between 15/1 and 25/5 is $30 extra. (from $84 to $114)

Vdka
@shawcable.net

Vdka to Zac

Anon

to Zac
If you are willing to pay $114 for 25/5 why not hop the fence and do 50/5 for $99.00? Also would be 500gb vs 200gb throughput.

Zac
Premium Member
join:2001-09-12
Calgary, AB

Zac

Premium Member

said by Vdka :

If you are willing to pay $114 for 25/5 why not hop the fence and do 50/5 for $99.00? Also would be 500gb vs 200gb throughput.

Sure, I'd love to. Where do I sign up?

Oh wait, HMMMM. Shaw doesn't serve my area, so quite trolling and actually make sure the company you're trying to promote actually serves a specific area. My crappy local cable company is 'EastLink' and the fastest they serve in my area is currently is 20/1. I'll gladly stick with Telus, Mr thank-you-for-nothing, as they are the only best choice here.

Oh and guess what, the Telus Business 25/5 package is unlimited, not 200GB as you thought.
As per »www.telus.com/en_CA/cont ··· ect.html
Designed for Internet-heavy businesses that require unlimited usage for transferring/streaming content

Up to 15.0 Mbps download and 1 Mbps upload speeds
25 Mbps download and 5 Mbps upload speed
Upgrade is available in select areas for an additional fee
Unlimited usage
2 dynamic IP addresses
10 email addresses
TELUS Security Services like Anti-virus, Anti-Spyware and more
Free modem
Even our local Wireless Internet provider isn't competitive with Telus for speed or price, although they do reach further than Telus out of town.

Vdka
@shawcable.net

Vdka to Zac

Anon

to Zac
Was just a suggestion, so I am sorry you can't jump fence.

In any case I was wrong about the elite server package, this brochure on the Telus website states 100gb throughput. (Fact is their site is bad and doesn't even list the extra cost for 25/5...)

»telus.com/en_CA/content/ ··· _210.pdf

Which is on the right hand side of this webpage:

»telus.com/en_CA/National ··· tml#tab2

*Now for my troll response.

If I had Unlimited 250/15 with Shaw for $130 I no longer feel bad as 25/5 unlimited with Telus is $114... /fail
Expand your moderator at work