spc
uniqs

ShawSean
join:2010-07-16
Vernon, BC

ShawSean to matt1101

to matt1101

Re: [AB] Shaw 100 southern alberta

I'm trying to set something up for the time you're available today. pm me and let me know the outcome.

Cheers.
matt1101
join:2012-02-29
Lethbridge, AB

matt1101

Hi Sean,

Thanks for getting someone in touch with me.
Though some concessions were made, the speeds have not improved at all and they are suggesting anywhere from two weeks to six months.

The one tech stated it's two million for an upgrade... seems a little high?

Senior level tech really was pushing for a SMC, but as it's not capable of speeds over 155 and the fact I had previous SMC's die on me, I didn't want to go that route.

So it's nice that shaw has offered "Something" but I'm still hoping for the speeds to improve as 5.25 mbps!

The senior tech stated several times "don't know what's on their end" with speedtests. However It's an issue within shaw's network here I am pretty sure still. As at work I hit 200+ via speedtest to most sites, any time of the day.

Hopefully you are having some luck westlethshaw, but it looks like it's basically gotta wait this out and hope they don't forget about lethbridge (the westside anyways)
matt1101

matt1101

Just an update to what's been going on.

So the past few days there has been a significant improvement!
I've been hitting over 50mbps download (from various speedtest sites) and shaw speed test quite consistently. So things are improving. Once the DNU is completed hopefully that will improve issues further. Websites are now loading quicker also, which is great. It reminded me of when we had dialup for a little while there. Hopefully this isn't just temporary.

Any word on what the issue is/was Sean? Over saturation of the node and DNU is what i got out of a few people I spoke with.

Thanks for your help with all this and I hope you had a great vacation.

westlethshaw
@shawcable.net

westlethshaw

Anon

Hey Matt Yeah I got in touch with tech support they said -they said the issue was fixed in my area ? not too sure what that issue was but yeah speed tests from speedtest.net -speakeasy and shaw all seem pretty close - for now ? lets hope is stays that way
westlethshaw

westlethshaw

Anon

Hey Sean thanks for looking out for us and your help in getting this fixed-PS-SHAW if it wasn't for Sean listening to the customers and trying to fix these problems in a timely manner- i'm sure you would have a few less customers right now !!!