Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

inferno_gn
Premium
join:2007-02-26
Verdun, QC

1 edit

A great big FU BELL!!! FORCE TO UPGRADE...

Hi there,

I just got off the phone after wondering why my Internet got bumped to less then 1.68 mpbs!!! For the past 5 years I been with Teksavvy, I been with 4.3 and 5.2 after the 6 mpbs profile upgrade) and this is curious.

I called and the nice guy there told me that I got bump off the remote that I was there for 5 years and cut me off to crappy speed back to the CO (not a remote anymore).

Bascially, I'M FORCE to upgrade to the new tier! Even though I'm planing to take advantage of the March promo, but I'm now have no choice in the matter!

So bascially, even I decided to even stay on my current plan that was price increase after the CTRC ruling.

This is also happen to my neighbour next door, too!!!

Can someone explain this crap to me?

Ju Leon...
--
Otaku Anime Network
»www.otakuanime.com/

Crowbar1

join:2009-06-23
Toronto , ON

Re: A great big FU BELL!!! Kicking me off...

I don't think HBELL is under any obligation to place you on a remote . I was told they just do it as a courtesy , if they need the spot for one of their own customers they will remove you . Remember they state the speeds as 'up to ' . All you can do is open a ticket with TSI and explain that your speed was better before , or upgrade and force them to put you back on a remote ...

inferno_gn
Premium
Verdun, QC
reply to inferno_gn

Re: A great big FU BELL!!! FORCE TO UPGRADE...

Hi there,

I did. I was that speed for over 5 years, no issue until today... In order to move back to a remote is to upgrade, which is a garantee spot. So bascially, I'm force to upgrade. It is pointless to even adversized slower speed for this area if you can't even get that lower speed in the first place, but if you get the more expensive option, you can (because of a remote).

It is unfair, really... I though the CTRC mark that everyone should be getter equal speed and not bump one customer for another...

Ju Leon...
--
Otaku Anime Network
»www.otakuanime.com/

fluffy

@teksavvy.com
youre getting UP TO 6MBPS and your internet is STILL FASTER THAN A 56K MODEM. in CANADA.
i dont see what youre complaining about. just switch to an UP TO 25Mbps plan and get yourself one of bhells crashy modems to go with it.

inferno_gn
Premium
Verdun, QC
reply to inferno_gn
Hi there,

Yesh, I understand up to, but as I say, I been having 6 mpbs for years! I got bump off for another customer...

How would you feel that you get treated less then someone else?

Ju Leon...
--
Otaku Anime Network
»www.otakuanime.com/

InvalidError

join:2008-02-03
kudos:5
reply to inferno_gn
said by inferno_gn:

It is unfair, really... I though the CTRC mark that everyone should be getter equal speed and not bump one customer for another...

Legacy-GAS (2M/800 and 6M/800) only get served from remote as a courtesy, Bell has absolutely no obligation under tariffs to put you and keep you on a remote for those. As you said yourself, if you want a guaranteed port on the remote, you have to upgrade to FTTN tiers.

Also keep in mind that you are not competing only with Bell's subscribers for remote ports but also with every other 3rd-party subscriber who may also be upgrading to FTTN speeds either because they want the faster speeds or just want to get back on the remote.

As I said in another thread, legacy-GAS subscribers getting kicked off remotes is likely going to become more common due to speed-matching.

Rastan

join:2007-04-25
Canada
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·voip.ms
reply to inferno_gn
The same thing happened to me a couple of years ago but I'm still able to obtain 5MB/s service but my line is not good enough for 6MB/s. You definitely have a good reason to complain.

Are you sure Bell can't do the same thing to you if you upgrade to a 12MB/s or higher plan? If they can push you off a remote now is there anything stopping them from doing the same thing if you upgrade?

AkFubar
Admittedly, A Teksavvy Fan

join:2005-02-28
Toronto CAN.
reply to inferno_gn
This might happen quite a bit as people with BHell and TSI take advantage of the March promo.

inferno_gn
Premium
Verdun, QC
reply to inferno_gn
Hi there,

Well, that's rest my case, to get back on a remote, I'm force to get on a higher tier... So bascially, any provider that get the lower tier (6 mpbs) won't get any priority on any remotes, never be able to archive that speed, except the 10 and 16 mobs tier will because they have no choice to be on a remote for those tier in the first place.

I have to no choice to kepe in the remote because, as currently, how can a 1.68 mpbs speed do anything with these ages? I download, I steam, I play games online and so forth.

I'm not sure if anyone is understand my view, but this is just frustrating...

Ju Leon...
--
Otaku Anime Network
»www.otakuanime.com/

Samgee

join:2010-08-02
canada
kudos:2
reply to inferno_gn
Just think, when you upgrade you'll get to push someone just like yourself back to the CO.

There's always a silver lining.

inferno_gn
Premium
Verdun, QC
reply to inferno_gn
Hi there,

That's the issue, too. It's a never ending cycle. If I upgrade, I force someone else to do the same and it continued on. Now the new case, what's the point having a 6 mpbs tier if there is no chance of getting that speed in a remote?

Even it's like 10-11$ more per month, for some people, it's alot from a budget. It's already increase 4$ already after the CTRC rulling.

Ju Leon...
--
Otaku Anime Network
»www.otakuanime.com/

anon9

@184.149.238.x
reply to inferno_gn
Hello inferno_gn,

You mentioned that this happened to your neighbour next door, too? Can you confirm if is he a Bell or a 3rd party ISP customer? Another possibility is they are doing some remote upgrades and they moved some people off temperarly? although rare.

inferno_gn
Premium
Verdun, QC
reply to inferno_gn
Hi there,

My neighbour is with Teksavvy, too. They are also the same speed 1.4 mpbs (a bit slower then me)...

Ju Leon...
--
Otaku Anime Network
»www.otakuanime.com/

Jaxom

join:2012-03-10
East York, ON
reply to inferno_gn
I think Bell will routinely boot third party ISPs off the remote just to harass them. In my case I was on the remote for over 3 years and then Bell started playing this game of kicking me off the remote. I would call in, teksavvy would put in a ticket and I would get put back on the remote. 4 months later I would get pulled form the remote and then I would call back in. Rinse & repeat.

After about 4 times I got tired of the Bell games and moved to cable.

neuromancer1

join:2007-01-22
York, ON
reply to inferno_gn
No lost really 6MBPS is the darkages seriously that's like having Geforce GTX 580 graphics card and Intel Celeron E3400 CPU. How can you possibly live with 6MBPS?

JonyBelGeul
Premium
join:2008-07-31
reply to inferno_gn
I had the same problem a few years ago. I opened several tickets with Teksavvy and they worked hard to get my service running at the advertised speed. Since then, I believe that I got bumped to a remote and stayed on it until this day.

Look at your options now. The March promotion allows you to upgrade to a higher service for $95 less. Depending on where you live and which service you upgrade to (DSL16 /75GB or /300GB), you might be paying $10-$12 more for about 2.5x the speed. Check the new price list on Teksavvy's website: teksavvy.com

I just upgraded to the DSL16/300. For comparison, I used to pay $48.55/month for DSL6/300. I will pay $60.10 for DSL16/300.

By the way, the total price I paid for the upgrade to DSL16/300, which includes first month service (+ dry-loop + MLPPP) + dry-loop activation: $88.81

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
reply to inferno_gn
With persistence, you can probably get back to a remote. It will take a lot of calling, and a lot of $100 dispatch fee warnings, but it shouldn't cost you anything in the end.

inferno_gn
Premium
Verdun, QC
reply to inferno_gn
Hi there,

I been on 5 (then 6 after) mpbs profile and everything was running sweet until today. It's been smooth sailing for 5 years since I sign up. It's still pissed me off. I'll get back my 6 mpbs for now so I can do my steaming in peace until I upgrade to 16 mpbs later on. I'm paying for 6 mpbs and I will get it until the last day...

Ju Leon...
--
Otaku Anime Network
»www.otakuanime.com/

InvalidError

reply to neuromancer1
said by neuromancer1:

How can you possibly live with 6MBPS?

6Mbps (5Mbps usable) is perfectly adequate for everything I need to do online... fast enough for all HD streaming sites I know of and fast enough to get my everyday downloads done by the time I come back from being AFK doing other stuff that needs to be done (such as cooking/eating) anyhow.

neuromancer1

York, ON
Reviews:
·VMedia
said by InvalidError:

said by neuromancer1:

6Mbps (5Mbps usable) is perfectly adequate for everything I need to do online... fast enough for all HD streaming sites I know of and fast enough to get my everyday downloads done by the time I come back from being AFK doing other stuff that needs to be done (such as cooking/eating) anyhow.

Anything under 10-12MBPS would always be buffering with HD streaming. No idea how you mangage to put up with the constant buffering of the stream. 6MBPS is anything but highspeed no matter how much Bhell would like Canada to believe it. I guess the speed would be ok for checking your e-mail and surfing some but I would never go back to 6MBPS after being on 18MBPS.

inferno_gn
Premium
Verdun, QC
reply to inferno_gn
Hi there,

It's more because of budget reason. It's already from 29.99$ to 31.99$ then to 34.99$... Now upgrading to a higher tier, it's move to 45.99$... So from the original 29.99$, it's been going up.

Now that Bell being an ass about booting people, either on purpose or whatnot.

I just got off the phone with Teksavvy, Even issuing a ticket, it might cost me 80$ to put me back on the remote because of the tech guy.

So bascially, they booted me off, then if I want to get back to what I had before, I have to fork out 80$... WTF is this crap...

Ju Leon...
--
Otaku Anime Network
»www.otakuanime.com/

BingoRingo

join:2010-03-29
Gatineau, QC
kudos:1
reply to inferno_gn
Switch to E-Box cable, for $32 a month you'll get an 8 Mbps cable connection and Bell won't get a single penny from you. And there's no dry loop.

fluffy

@teksavvy.com
reply to neuromancer1
nah. 6Mbps is perfectly fine. i have a 24Mbps link now and i can rarely see the difference in performance for real time stuff.
for multiple downloads obviously its a lot faster but for everything else 6 meg connections are ok.

InvalidError

reply to neuromancer1
said by neuromancer1:

Anything under 10-12MBPS would always be buffering with HD streaming. No idea how you mangage to put up with the constant buffering of the stream.

With 5Mbps sync (4Mbps usable) I had some buffering on some sites but haven't seen any buffering anywhere since the speed bump to 6Mbps sync since nowhere I usually go streams at more than 4.5Mbps.

neuromancer1

York, ON
Reviews:
·VMedia
reply to fluffy
said by fluffy :

nah. 6Mbps is perfectly fine. i have a 24Mbps link now and i can rarely see the difference in performance for real time stuff.
for multiple downloads obviously its a lot faster but for everything else 6 meg connections are ok.

I'll pass I'm never going back to 6Mbps it seems like 56K modem speeds now to me now.

BikeHelmet

join:2010-04-15
reply to neuromancer1
said by neuromancer1:

Anything under 10-12MBPS would always be buffering with HD streaming. No idea how you mangage to put up with the constant buffering of the stream. 6MBPS is anything but highspeed no matter how much Bhell would like Canada to believe it. I guess the speed would be ok for checking your e-mail and surfing some but I would never go back to 6MBPS after being on 18MBPS.

6mbit with adequate QOS is fine. It can't stream 1080p very well, but 720p works perfect. I usually stream Youtube 720p - my Tomato bandwidth graph reports 300-500KB/sec on average.

With QOS working properly I can stream two 720p videos without either buffering - but that's on a 7040/640 sync rate. Also, for whatever reason single connections don't use up all of my connection's bandwidth, so while 2x720p is doable, 1x1080p is not without buffering.

Cloneman

join:2002-08-29
Montreal
kudos:4
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Bell Fibe
reply to neuromancer1
said by neuromancer1:

said by InvalidError:

said by neuromancer1:

This is not accurate.

6mbps @ 5mbps pppoe is enough for 720p youtube, and almost enough for 1080p. Although of course, it has to be the only thing you're doing at the same time.

Netflix can also stream to very high quality on a 6mbit @5mbit pppoe link (albeit saturating the entire connection in the process)

the issue with 5/6mbps is inconvienience of micromanging torents /Qos and/or multiple users in the house

swiftex

join:2008-05-10
Toronto, ON
kudos:1
reply to neuromancer1
said by neuromancer1:

No lost really 6MBPS is the darkages seriously that's like having Geforce GTX 580 graphics card and Intel Celeron E3400 CPU. How can you possibly live with 6MBPS?

My GTX280 is still going strong.

Gotta bit of an upgrade twitch happening though.

Hoser

join:2007-05-31
Maple Ridge
reply to inferno_gn
I'm in the same boat...been syncing at about 2.8-3.0 for the past year or so after spending the last three years on the same 5Meg (6Meg) profile. I'm hoping my move to fttn 12Meg solves my issue even though i have to give them more cash to do it. When the alternative is being a bell subscriber, you just gotta choke on it...

EdT

join:2009-06-12
Saint-Laurent, QC
reply to inferno_gn
Your in QC, you can get Teksavvy 8/1Mbs 75GB cable profile for $34.95 and you won't have BHell's DSL limitations. BHell will also reduce pricing if their speed isn't close to promise speeds. Speak to their retention department threatening them you will cancel for cable.