spc
Search similar:

uniqs

aphz
@198.102.234.x

aphz

Anon

site to site vpn using NAT

I am setting up a s2s link with a customer and they won't allow me to use the subnet that I provided. I have very basic understanding of vpn tunneling, is there a way I can possibly NAT my internal network to one IP and then provide them that? Also, If i log in from home, I use vpn to my office (different IP address) how would my s2s authenticate me in that case? If i'm on a different IP subnet?
HELLFIRE
MVM
join:2009-11-25

HELLFIRE

MVM

Is this (planned) setup going to use Cisco equipment, or this a general question about
setting up a VPN?

Off the top of my head, it's easy enough to set up a site to site using the same private
IP addresses on either end -- case in point, here's an example using Cisco-specific equipment.

Second part of your question, not sure what, if anything, it has to do with the site
to site you're trying to setup. Can you clarify at all?

Regards

ua_hockey
join:2003-08-07
Columbus, OH

ua_hockey to aphz

to aphz
Yes, this is very easy to do, and is done all the time. Reply to this post with the equipment you plan to use (and software versions) and I can post examples. Essentially, since NAT is performed before encryption, you simply add a NAT to your destination(s), change your crypto to use the NAT addresses and you're good to go.