Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

iFail 5G

join:2011-08-03
reply to ztmike

Re: Stay away from Verizon

said by ztmike:

I decided to go with Verizon Wireless and pick up the Samsung Galaxy Nexus after all the PR about Verizon being the best in coverage and reliability..let me tell you that is FAR from the truth. Their service here in Michigan City, IN is by far the WORST even worse than Sprint ..and that's really saying something.

And their coverage maps? Don't EVER rely on them from Verizon. Had my home with coverage and only to find out after I got the service I was in a "dead zone" called up Verizon to complain and got transfered to network department for them to tell me they'll send a tech out in the field to do "tests" and they'll get back with me in a couple days..I get a call a day or two later and basically they told me that I'm in a dead zone and to get service else where, REALLY Verizon!? Once I told them that their coverage map had me in a service zone and told them that is false advertising they had no reply really to that one only to repeat themselves with "get service elsewhere if you don't get good coverage with us."

Thank-god I canceled within the 14 day window..but I still had to pay a $38 restocking fee and was still billed for service that I received in that time.

WORSE. COMPANY. EVER.

Have since went with T-Mobile and couldn't be happier, fastest mobile speeds over all the other major networks (42Mbps in area), free wifi calling anywhere there's wifi and cheaper overall service than any of the others with a good phone, "Galaxy S2."

P.S Verizon's 3G speeds were slower than Sprints also, downtown Michigan City, IN I was lucky to get 4 bars out of 5...a town with a population of close to 50,000.

It varies from city to city, and even tower to tower. Verizon has 4G LTE here in the rural south and is faster than the only kind of internet we get which is satellite.

Meanwhile T-Mobile barely has service, and the little service they do have is GPRS which is 20kbps.

Crookshanks

join:2008-02-04
Binghamton, NY

Was it really necessary to quote his entire post for the three sentences that you wrote?

iFail 5G

join:2011-08-03

said by Crookshanks:

Was it really necessary to quote his entire post for the three sentences that you wrote?

Was it really necessary to reply to a post about a quote?

join:2011-10-25
Toledo, OH
reply to Crookshanks

said by Crookshanks:

Yes.