La Merma - Vigilado
MVM
join:2003-12-20
Someshire

Cudni to hurleyp

MVM

to hurleyp

Re: Big problems with Avast! support

Avast better act quickly and resolve the issue with 3rd party support before it further damages their brand. In the meantime don't phone them

Cudni
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20

Premium Member

said by Cudni:

Avast better act quickly and resolve the issue with 3rd party support before it further damages their brand. In the meantime don't phone them

Cudni

That support guy at iYogi said it would take ONE WEEK for Avast to update! That is, unless the user upgrades to the paid version!!

What utter crap. And AVG uses iYogi. This completes the circle. All three free AV have now shown themselves to be unworthy, unreliable. Users had better start realizing that they need to PURCHASE an AV program rather than rely on a free one. Or maybe they will realize they don't need AV but can protect themselves in other ways.

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ

1 recommendation

AVD

Premium Member

said by Mele20:

said by Cudni:

Cudni

That support guy at iYogi said it would take ONE WEEK for Avast to update! That is, unless the user upgrades to the paid version!!

What utter crap. And AVG uses iYogi. This completes the circle. All three free AV have now shown themselves to be unworthy, unreliable. Users had better start realizing that they need to PURCHASE an AV program rather than rely on a free one. Or maybe they will realize they don't need AV but can protect themselves in other ways.

Panda Cloud AV is a freeprogram, as is PC Tools's ThreafFire
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20

Premium Member

said by AVD:

Panda Cloud AV is a freeprogram, as is PC Tools's ThreafFire

Threatfire is not a traditional antivirus program. Panda, to me, is dead and always will be because of its ownership. I can't be more specific or my post will be deleted.

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ

AVD

Premium Member

All I'm trying to say is that there are other free options.