spc
Search similar:

uniqs

FLATLINE
join:2007-02-27
Buffalo, NY

FLATLINE

Funny

What a joke! Got people complaining about 3g? Another saying he can't get service in Alaska? Seriously? Nobody lives in Freaking Alaska. Its just you and Sarah Palin.

The article is about 4g and how many markets its in. Which in itself is a joke. Let's count how many markets Verizon has 4g that just works. I'd love to know what that number is. I get the feeling its a big fat Zero!

thegeek
Premium Member
join:2008-02-21
right here

thegeek

Premium Member

Did you read the article? It mentions Alaska specifically. That it will be the only state that doesn't have 4G by 2013.

You're also quite ignorant about the 49th state. Alaska has a population of close to 750k people. Maybe the next time you're at the pump getting gas you'll think about Alaska. As a lot of our oil comes from the state. And several thousand people work in Alaska to get you that oil. That oil also generates billions of dollars of tax revenue for the country. Next time you're eating salmon or crab (or any of the many other sea food products from Alaska) you can also thank the thousands of fishermen who brave the environment so you can have your meal. Also, every day you can thank the many service men and women who brave the elements to be stationed in remote areas of Alaska to monitor and run systems that keep this country safe. Ever bought anything from Asia that came here by Air freight? It most likely made a stop in Anchorage at one of the busiest freight airports in the country. Etc....
dplantz
join:2000-08-02
Bradenton, FL

dplantz to FLATLINE

to FLATLINE
I have been in many markets with Verizon LTE it works well. Speeds vary, but the service works great. From Boston where I live and see between 10-25mps downloads and 3-5mps uploads. I have used it in Las Vegas, Orlando, Salt Lake City, Long Beach, Kansas City, MO. Speeds and Signal Very a lot. Verizon is building there network in Alaska currently, so I can see why they will be late with 4g there.

CaptainRR
Premium Member
join:2006-04-21
Blue Rock, OH

CaptainRR

Premium Member

As far as I know I dont think Verizon owns any 700 MHz spectrum in Alaska? Or any spectrum for that matter in that state.
chgo_man99
join:2010-01-01
Sunnyvale, CA

chgo_man99 to thegeek

to thegeek
I was thinking about taking a plane trip to Alaska, but I gotta see California first as I have never been anywhere except midwest and northeast (NYC, MA).

thegeek
Premium Member
join:2008-02-21
right here

thegeek

Premium Member

save yourself the trouble and skip california. you'll enjoy alaska much better. i suggest a cruise through the southeast and then camping and hiking in the interior.
chgo_man99
join:2010-01-01
Sunnyvale, CA

chgo_man99

Ca has beautiful wilderness too. And it has beaches.

But I will see someday Alaska and HI, the only two odd noncontonental states separated from mainland by water or another country.

FLATLINE
join:2007-02-27
Buffalo, NY

FLATLINE to thegeek

to thegeek
Did you read anything here? 750 k isn't a lot of people in a state the size of Alaska and nothing compared to New York or California. The article is in fact about 4g. How many markets Verizon is and will offer it in. Who cares if Alaska is specifically talked about not getting it. I don't care about Alaska. Not in this sense.
Due to the number of outages and constant issues I've read about in the news and experienced here in Buffalo I'm just saying I'd like to know how many markets are actually getting proper service. I'm not and haven't since the I got my upgrade. 3g seems fine though.

Also crab fisherman don't wake up in the morning and say boy I really need to get Flatline some crab. They are going to make money. Don't make it more than that. Many love to be out there as well. Another reason why they do it.

I'm also really bothered about your comments about our service men and women. They get my thanks regardless. All in all I was poking some fun at Alaska because the poster above complained about lack of 3g coverage which in spite of your efforts to prop Alaska up on a pedestal doesnt seem very advanced.

So.... way to flex your degree in Google search but it was all over your head.